• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

11/22 Hooters Meet, Saugus, MA

I dunno if we'll be able to capture the same love as found at the LaFortune Estate, but I think our little Resort (it actually WAS part of a resort community in the early 1900's), does alright. :)

so i sat in the hooters parking lot for 45 minutes saturday before i realized it was the wrong saturday....

ok maybe not...

did you really do so?
I thought it was last Saturday and was all psyched for my busy weekend.
On Saturday morning, I checked the date and saw I was wrong. Then my evening Boston plans fell apart. So I ended up spending this entire weekend sitting at home.

You guys had better make up for not having it last Saturday. :p

did you really do so?
I thought it was last Saturday and was all psyched for my busy weekend.
On Saturday morning, I checked the date and saw I was wrong. Then my evening Boston plans fell apart. So I ended up spending this entire weekend sitting at home.

You guys had better make up for not having it last Saturday. :p

I was wondering why you blew off the Northeast Smokey Bones meet by saying you were doing our Hooters meet instead. lol

seriously, I was all prepped for the six hour drive to PA to finally meet some NE-CEGers. I was even going to swing by my friend's place in NY to pick up items we left behind the week before.

Last weekend was just full of fail :nonono:

Didn't want to start a new thread for this. This is a good a place to post it as any.

Got the shake out of the T-Car on Saturday -- turned out all four wheels were 3/4 of an ounce off. Thing rides great now. Belt is tightened and power steering fluid topped off, so it's smooth as silk.

Took it up to lunch at Holidays in Auburn, NH on Sunday, and then cruised through the countryside via 121 and 111 over to Portsmouth to hit up the Red Hook brewery. The tour, as compared to the Budweiser one, is almost funny. I think the tour part takes maybe 15 minutes. It is comical in its brevity. The guy doing it is clearly in it for the tasting, where he can rap about the different beers for half an hour or so. He was cool, and the beers were pretty good, though they did not steer me away from the King of Beers, by any means.

Tour was a buck, and you get a free tasting glass, that, to this commentator, looks about the size of a shotglass.

I'm definitely excited!

estate? uppercase F? silly gooses ;)

I studied French for about 7 1/2 years, and it seems to me that at one point, it might have been spelled that way. Didn't know for sure what was the case. Sorry about that. :cool:

Jeez this thread is like dead!

Anyways, if anyone wants to meet up, I can meet up anywhere east of Longmeadow, as I'll be stopping home to pick up my HORIZONTAL LICENSE, YEAH, lol. Wannabe and I had traded a couple PM's about maybe meeting in Ludlow? Or should we meet at Charlton?

You guys should just pick me up in Southwick so I can get tanked at Hooters.

As a friend of a friend once told a cop...

"I'm soberly perfect, officer. I only smoked 2 beers."

Ian, to answer your question - we do have crash space for anyone too drunk to drive, or just too tired. We've got comfy couches and a sleeper sofa. There's also a pretty decent diner about 100 yards from our front door if anyone stays and wants breakfast. :)

Back