• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

siezed svt 2.5L

yea thats what was thinking, I really wouldn't even have to tell smog tech its a 3L. he would never know. and another quick question for you guys, were are you getting the turbo set up? I see alot of 3L turbos on this forum.

Well, it turns out I will be doing my own 3l swap next month. I just snatched up svtracer214's car with a blown 3l in it. Fortunately for me the heads are still good so I don't need to do the porting, just swap the heads onto a shortblock and away I go. At least thats the plan. Stay in touch GT2SVT.

I did my first swap that way and found that after buying new head baskets and head bolts(they are TTY and only useable once). It ends up being cheaper to do the port matched version.

Well, it turns out I will be doing my own 3l swap next month. I just snatched up svtracer214's car with a blown 3l in it. Fortunately for me the heads are still good so I don't need to do the porting, just swap the heads onto a shortblock and away I go. At least thats the plan. Stay in touch GT2SVT.

oh definetly we'll keep in touch. I still gotta locate a motor. when the rain lets up i'll do some snooping around in the yards in chula vista.

yea i've noticed a few online up in the inland empire. i'll keep searching. i would like to get one that is still in the car that way i can see the milage on the odometer. even better if i can find a running motor. i'm a bit cautious about the ones sitting on a crate outside getting ruined.

yea I've noticed a few online up in the inland empire. I'll keep searching. i would like to get one that is still in the car that way i can see the mileage on the odometer. even better if i can find a running motor. I'm a bit cautious about the ones sitting on a crate outside getting ruined.
I just put a deposit on one today in fortuna. 400 bucks, 33000 on the Odo (allegedly). Comes with a 90 day warranty so I figure that it should be OK. I will try and check it out before I pull the heads off. They say they pressure test each of the cylinders. I'm hoping that with low mileage it should be fine. Guy said its been sitting a while but wrapped in plastic in his storage racks.
Ordered up the head bolts and gaskets so I'm committed now.

Your warranty will be void as soon as you change anything...... but other than that :thumbsup:.

Your warranty will be void as soon as you change anything...... but other than that :thumbsup:.
Yeah, my only reason for wanting a warranty is that they wouldn't want to sell me one that they knew was busted. Gotta go pick it up this week.

I just put a deposit on one today in fortuna. 400 bucks, 33000 on the Odo (allegedly). Comes with a 90 day warranty so I figure that it should be OK. I will try and check it out before I pull the heads off. They say they pressure test each of the cylinders. I'm hoping that with low mileage it should be fine. Guy said its been sitting a while but wrapped in plastic in his storage racks.
Ordered up the head bolts and gaskets so I'm committed now.

man i just realized that you've got an 8+ hour drive to get that motor! I found an svt motor in indio, i need to call these clowns and see how many miles or on it. No B.S.'n around with grinding the 3L down, I might just get this motor.

man i just realized that you've got an 8+ hour drive to get that motor! I found an svt motor in indio, i need to call these clowns and see how many miles or on it. No B.S.'n around with grinding the 3L down, I might just get this motor.
What? Its only a 3 hour drive at most. If you want a 2.5 try pming Allstyle12. He has a full svt engine with 300 or so original miles on it.

My bad - its in fontana, not fortuna. Gee you had me freaking out for a minute there.

What? Its only a 3 hour drive at most. If you want a 2.5 try pming Allstyle12. He has a full svt engine with 300 or so original miles on it.

My bad - its in fontana, not fortuna. Gee you had me freaking out for a minute there.

lol! ok Fontana make more sense, Fortuna is well past the bay area in humboldt county if i'm not mistaken. I checked on that SVT motor in Indio...not available anymore. I'm pretty sure i'll be going up there to get my engine up there as well. it seems they are nealy half the cost of the ones down here.

hey guys whats with the Injector port on the 3L? I've heard you gotta weld it or you can use the bugzuki plates instead, is that correct?

The 2.5L has two individual round runners with the injector port in the primary runner. The 3L has one oval runner with the injector port in the center of the oval. If you just put the 2.5L LIM on it leaves part of the 3L injector port exposed to the outside.

So, to get around this you either have to Weld (with aluminum or JB weld) or use the Bugzuki plates. Or you could get the LIM from NPG.

cool, I don't have a welder nor do I know how to weld so i'll just use your pates. expect a payment from me soon! thanks

dude that was fast! did you use the plates? I just got mine. I still need a motor. I've been slacking. i'm gonna wait till next month cause i've got a busy schedule. did you install the SVT stuff or just the intake?

Back