• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pain in the ACE driveway...

theSCHAFF

Hard-core CEG'er
Just snapped a few shots to show how big of a curb it is from asphault to drive way. I deal with this everyday it's kinda a PITA but whatever. Any one else have to deal with this ? i 3 wheel almost every time i pull outa' my drive way so i snapped a few pics. Enjoy ? :shrug:

l_90f1a187af313679ba26b3cd5b73445d.jpg

l_74221ee41927ae9e63cb142e61979218.jpg

l_8e0ba8881a64fffcd48cf0848384682e.jpg

l_e838d21688de42ce6279acf367246467.jpg

l_5f1faffaa00b37b2357ca9e7c5293a1d.jpg

Btw, it's lowered on H&R's

And the Contour has a "soft" frame. HA HA HA! Whatever...

Gotta have those big rain channels at the edge of the road for those famous Arizona downpours. :laugh:

I have to deal with that everyday. There's a small dip like that then I have to go uphill. I used to put place a piece of wood there but the city ended up gaving me a ticket for "loitering"

i have to deal with a giant curb pulling into work and leaving everyday, most places cut the curb out.........but nope not at Micros Retail! when I drive the SVT I have to barely move over it going 1 wheel at a time, just waiting to get rear ended!

Yeah i'll take more pics later of how little to NO clearance i have when i start backin the last wheel down... i still sometimes scrape the front bumper.... thats why i have a nice big can of touch up paint chillin in the storage room. :shrug:

^Where did you get that? :cool:

I had a nice dip at the end of my driveway. I had to pull in at a hard angle in order not to scrape the front bumper. Backing out was a real PITA too. You had to also back out at a very hard angle and watch for any cars parked across the street, the exhaust tips would hit if you weren't practically sideways coming out of the driveway.

We contacted the City and asked for a resolution since they paved the road incorrectly. We ended up getting a 4" cast iron pipe and then having the City pave over it. It's annoying with the pipe, we have to go out and clear the opening when it rains and the leaves come down but it's worth it to be able to get into the driveway without trashing the bumper or exhaust tips.

Now it's nice, smooth and easy to get in and out. I can even get in with the splitter on now. :)

Last edited:
Thanks, but I don't want to make them. ;)
I just asked where he got them, my driveway is fixed for the time being.

^Where did you get that? :cool:

I had a nice dip at the end of my driveway. I had to pull in at a hard angle in order not to scrape the front bumper. Backing out was a real PITA too. You had to also back out at a very hard angle and watch for any cars parked across the street, the exhaust tips would hit if you weren't practically sideways coming out of the driveway.

We contacted the City and asked for a resolution since they paved the road incorrectly. We ended up getting a 4" cast iron pipe and then having the City pave over it. It's annoying with the pipe, we have to go out and clear the opening when it rains and the leaves come down but it's worth it to be able to get into the driveway without trashing the bumper or exhaust tips.

Now it's nice, smooth and easy to get in and out. I can even get in with the splitter on now. :)

http://www.jandkcurbramps.com/

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rubber-Driveway...ryZ26197QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have that curb as well.. with eibachs and a mirko, and I don't scrape.

Trust me, back in the driveway instead.

when my street was repaved, they took off several layers of pavement and only put down one. So there was a BIG difference btw the pavement and my driveway. Too add to this the driveway skirt was made even more apparent b/c of the less pavement put down.

I :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:ed to the borough and told them they need to make an apron. Couple days later they made me a nice apron out of the pavement for free. It looks just like those black ramps pictured above. I can barely feel a bump when going in my driveway now. :D

Gotta have those big rain channels at the edge of the road for those famous Arizona downpours. :laugh:
Actually, our monsoons are often flash floods. Like ~2" of water on the freeways.. just because it's pouring down faster than it can run off. Some of the surface streets are closed due to flooding during those storms too.

But yeah... his driveway sucks. If you look close, you might be able to see a silver streak from where I've scraped the entire length of my resonator several times. :cry:

Back