• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

http://duluth.craigslist.org/car/769352176.html
Looks the same as the one we had except the shifter is on the floor. Ours was on the column.....I thought ours was an 88, what the heck is going on here?

Unless I miss my guess, while the coupe was redesigned for 1987 with hidden headlamps, the four door soldiered on through '88 with the older body and its four exposed headlamps.

I expect that buyers were given a choice of console or column shifter. What I find particularly odd about the car you've posted is the combination of digital dash and crank windows.

1C3BC56K5JF170590-3.jpg

wow, fishing sucked this weekend. Too hot even for the fish. My shoulders are burnt bad.....because I have a feeling that they normally aren't supposed to feel like they are on fire.

Not especially, no. They debuted for '81 and ran through '93 if I'm not mistaken. I've always been a big fan. That '84 looks nice, if a little high in the miles for the money. I was at first thinking that it was a 20th Anniversary GT350, but those all had red interiors as far as I know. So this one is a straight GT. The matte black hood with the GT emblem on the front edge is a must-have. As are the 5.0 badges that belong on each fender. Good to see the TRX wheels present, though. Some of my favorites, they are. :cool:

Back