• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Goodbye Green SVT :(

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: This sucks. I cant believe this.

On the upside, If your insurance needs someone to attest to the fact it was in mint shape before this, I will come and tell them about it.:cool:

I hate this city. There wasnt anybody out cleaning up the roads until I went to work. At 10:00 this morning. I wanna beat someone. I HATE THIS CITY!!!!

Edit: I forgot to mention you can borrow my Boat car if you want. I just gotta fix a leaky hose:D... Its a nice car.

Last edited:
so, as yuou know, i was hit by a deer last night, well, today, we got maybe an inch of snow, with solid ice under it. i was on my way to work and when i was going down the hill near my apartment, the car would not snlow down at all. i was going maybe 20 when i hit the brakes, the abs kicked in, and the car never slowed down it was so slick.

as i entered the intersection the crash was inevidible and i slid out in front of a 97 stratus. it hit on my drivers side (the other side from the deer) and destroyed the fender, door, the wheel is bent in, and the rear bumper som how broke :cry:

there is no question in my mind weather the car will eb totaled or not. and to think, i was planning on going home this weekend to get my snow tires :( v-rated ftl :cry:

Global warming really needs to kick in and do away with this whole snow/winter bull:censored::censored::censored::censored:..... every time I see the ravages of winter on automobiles I hate Al Gore all the more.

Sorry buddy. I just got home from clobbering a deer myself. Thankfully mine isn't totalled, but at this point, I sort of wish it was. :nonono:

It doesn't look that bad...2 fenders, a door and bumper :shrug:

Is there damage to the wheel at all?

Best of luck to you, this is terrible to see :cry:

Glad your ok

It doesn't look that bad...2 fenders, a door and bumper :shrug:

Is there damage to the wheel at all?

Best of luck to you, this is terrible to see :cry:

Glad your ok

damage from the 2 accidents is 2 fenders, 2 doors, windshield, bumper, and the fact the whole a-pillar where the hinges are are pushed in. and the wheel has a small gouge in it. it still holding air though. i have to take a closer look at it again

thanks, im glad im ok too. im not sore at all today. thats a good sign

I just saw this thread :cry: That's TERRIBLE news. I guess that explains why I didn't know what the heck you were talking about.

Makes me sad, I have a special place in me for T-Green with Tan interior SVTs...

Oh man, T-Greens are my favorite. Sorry to see this.

I'm going through my 99 SVTs, both identical, undoing some deterioration during storage (dash warp, dry rotted tires). Spending time working on them has refreshed my appreciation. Ford really did a good job in general with these cars.

I've replaced the tires on the car I'm planning to sell with the factory original brand and size. Not a bad tire frankly, but I will never drive on them in snow.

I hope your insurance will pay for repairs rather than total it

(Do you?)

just met with the insurance company. i'll find out what THEY think the car is worth in the next 24-48 hours. then the fight begins...

first offer came in, they lowballed me, i countered. i need to get them the recipts for the tranny and balljoints that i did recently.

all i can say is FIGHT the insurance company!

when i get final numbers, i'll post the whole story.

first offer came in, they lowballed me, i countered. i need to get them the recipts for the tranny and balljoints that i did recently.

all i can say is FIGHT the insurance company!

when i get final numbers, i'll post the whole story.

You need a receipt for that $50 clutch? ;)

Good luck though

Back