• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

Leaving at 1 today. have friday off, saturday off, sunday off, and taking monday off. ahhhhhhh. Time to get more done with the tour. *hopefully* ypipe, Bendix titanium front pads (hope I got the right ones...I SHOULD have E1 pads). and clean it

if you dont have E1 pads, let me know. i have a set of E0's that came with some rotors i bought. granted, i wouldnt be able to get them to you for a couple weeks as they are in the twin cities, but just throwing that out there for ya. sell em cheap!

yey! the back end is finally lowered in the golf!

it only took me 3 times to get it right! :nono:

first time i forgot a washer. second time i forgot a retaining clip (nothing like scaring you when you go over a bump and the tops of the struts come up into the cargo area!)

third time i have everything in, and took it for a spin. rides a tad rougher, but looks a whole lot better. the back end still sits a little high for me, but i'll wait till it settles. if it doesnt come down at all, i'll go back in and cut out 1 or 2 dead coils. when the suspension is sitting, there are like 5 compressed coils that dont do anything. my guess is that is the way Nuespeed lowered it but kept the same numer of coils. cutting 1 out isnt a big deal :)

now i need to replace the control arm bushings in the front end and get it aligned (lowering the back really didnt change the geometry in the back. its not even independand rear suspension!)

:drool:

Except selling the tour for that would be a big mistake. That's not the kind of car I'd want to drive everyday, especially those days that include a 6+" snow storm in the middle of the iron range :laugh:

That is when I use the wifes car and tell her to stay at home. :laugh:

so what happens when you drive from Ely to Duluth, in the summer, between 9pm-11pm, on a warm, hot humid night?

you end up with the front of your car looking like this! seriously, i cleaned my windsheild at the "Y" store near tower, and this was about 90 miles worth of bugs! it is a lot worse than what the pics look like as well!

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

and driving it at night with this many bugs is horrible. they become a real hazzard when lights are coming toward you.

crazy stupid bugs this year

I've dealt with that before, sucks cleaning afterwards. I agree, stupid bugs :)

im not goint o worry about cleaning them off the front of the car. yeah, i'll clean the windsheild, but i figure the bodyshop will take care of them on wednesday when it goes in to get fixed! thank god these people didnt have progressive. EVERYONE i have talked to that works with auto insurance (like bodyshops, other insurance companies) says the same thing. they are horrible to work with.

on my white fiero, i drove down from Brainerd once and the car looked like it had a fade paint job there were so many bugs on it. sucked to clean off. also, with the fiero (or any other car with pop up headlights) when you drive with the lights on, they act like a bug deflecter on a truck. it pushed the air up and over, so you end up with 2 clear spots on the windsheild from it. pretty funny :D

Ugh... I'm trying to find something for my mom, and its not easy. She cant afford anything right now and the truck she drives is just falling apart. I did find this 98 "SE"

I'm trying to stick with a cheap tour because I know mostly how to fix them. Ugh...

Or maybe this one... Cheap... Probably an easy fix too..

Ugh... I'm trying to find something for my mom, and its not easy. She cant afford anything right now and the truck she drives is just falling apart. I did find this 98 "SE"

I'm trying to stick with a cheap tour because I know mostly how to fix them. Ugh...

Or maybe this one... Cheap... Probably an easy fix too..

find out if the tranny has been replaced. afterall, it is an automatic ford.

whats wrong with the truck? anything major or just small stuff?

find out if the tranny has been replaced. afterall, it is an automatic ford.

whats wrong with the truck? anything major or just small stuff?
Lots of stuff. Right now its the alternator. Before it was the starter. Before that the radiator.:nonono: But then.... It IS a Chevy.. Double :nonono::nonono:

Back