• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

Hey Tony -- Just got off the phone with Steve at Tousley. Had to add a temp sensor and shifter bushings to the list of XR7 parts. He had good things to say about your car. :cool:

It is a pile now. There is a nick in the hood. Total loss. :laugh: And how come each time I try to call him, I end up on hold for 10 min? LOL

Probably cause I'm on the phone with him talking about Tony's car. :laugh:

Seriously, though, I was on hold for a spell myself.

Hey Tony -- Just got off the phone with Steve at Tousley. Had to add a temp sensor and shifter bushings to the list of XR7 parts. He had good things to say about your car. :cool:

Nice! I have yet to give him a ride in it my car, then he'd like it even more... I think just about every car in my family (besides the Model A, we have 7 Fords) has parts that've come out of Tousley :)

It is a pile now. There is a nick in the hood. Total loss. :laugh: And how come each time I try to call him, I end up on hold for 10 min? LOL

Thats low :p I'll have it fixed over winter most likely. Maybe he's too busy to talk to you?

He actually is always busy, that's why he has another guy there helping him now :cool:

So, when I do get a hold of him, do I ask for the CEG discount or what? I don't want to sound like a retard....well more or a retard.

So, when I do get a hold of him, do I ask for the CEG discount or what? I don't want to sound like a retard....well more or a retard.

I like the fact that I'm getting the Contour / SVT discount on a car that has nothing to do with either. :cool:

I cannot believe the ease of availability of non-supercharger related parts on this car. I even got the rear window weatherstripping. Very cool.

I like the fact that I'm getting the Contour / SVT discount on a car that has nothing to do with either. :cool:

I cannot believe the ease of availability of non-supercharger related parts on this car. I even got the rear window weatherstripping. Very cool.

crap, I still need to get window weather stripping for the tour.

After owning a couple Probes, seems like every car has easily available parts :laugh: Those were cars I didn't want to have to go to the dealer for parts on.

crap, I still need to get window weather stripping for the tour.

Prior to last year's All-Ford Nationals, I replaced the stripping that runs the length of the roof on either side. Wasn't too expensive, and what a difference it made. I'm sure you can still get anything you need for the 'Tour.

My buddy who has a 1997 BMW M3 got hit with prices that would make your head spin for weatherstripping. Another advantage of driving American. :cool:

Leaving at 1 today. have friday off, saturday off, sunday off, and taking monday off. ahhhhhhh. Time to get more done with the tour. *hopefully* ypipe, Bendix titanium front pads (hope I got the right ones...I SHOULD have E1 pads). and clean it

Leaving at 1 today. have friday off, saturday off, sunday off, and taking monday off. ahhhhhhh. Time to get more done with the tour. *hopefully* ypipe, Bendix titanium front pads (hope I got the right ones...I SHOULD have E1 pads). and clean it

They're "paroling" us at 3:00.

No Motorcraft pads? ;) You know me -- all stock, all the time (at least when I can). Bendix is just fine.

CASFMILLER.jpg

"Yup!"

Heading over to my buddy's place on the ocean. A little ice cold refreshment and the 4th of July (or 3rd as the case may be) is always a winning combination. Especially when you're not driving. :cool:

Well our town is having a street dance tonight (block off the main street, have bands at either end, lots of booze) and we live about a block and a half up. So we normally host a party, BBQ, fire etc and everyone comes over. It is normally interesting.

No Motorcraft pads? ;) You know me -- all stock, all the time (at least when I can). Bendix is just fine.

I usually go with all OEM parts when I can help it, but I like the Bendix pads. :cool: I have OEM Focus Rotors with Bendix in front and turned down OEM front's in the rear with Bendix pads :)

What's sad is Advance Auto doesn't carry Bendix anymore :( That was about the only thing I still went there for, they are right down the street from me.

Back