• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

Excellent... Ill have to save for a while and get some.. lol

Anyone know where I can get some cheap?:laugh::laugh:

Kyle if yours go missing I swear it wasnt me..:laugh::laugh:

keep an eye open on craigslist, especially in the spring.

im rockin "alpine somethinorothers" but they are one of the top rated performance snow tires. sunday after our snow i had to go to work and the plow left me in snow up to the headlights. i simply put it in gear and drive right through. when we had the blizzard up here i was out in the car for a while and it was pretty intense, and lots of snow, but the car kept chuggin along :) and the VR lip only sits a few inches off the ground.

Snow tires ftw :cool:

Although I got some awesome all seasons on the ranger that hook up GREAT in the snow. I remember last year I was all over the place, but these are considerably better. Nokian Vatiiva A/T's

nokian_vatiiva.jpg

I've used HRI's, ZRI's, Neogen's, and some other performance tires in the winter before on this car... they all suck - enough to be dangerous to drive on the road. It is winters like this that make the ~$650 purchase of those WS-60's worth every penny - plus it gave me an excuse to have to buy another set of wheels and tires :laugh: Now if only my e-brake worked.... then I could really have some fun!

I took a peek when it was on the hoist and BOTH cables are worth through and wore a good chunk out of the steel cable from rubbing on the trailing arms. One of the e-brake levers was also frozen, but working some PB Blaster into the arm mechanism fixed that issue. Now I just need to order a new flex-pipe, test pipe & e-brake cables so I can fix my exhaust leaks, install my FRPP short throw and fix the e-brake all in one afternoon.

Too many silver cars in a row on that calendar... some of the shots look like damn near the same angle...

You saw that too huh? That is why I figured the other one would at least have been a good Oct/Nov photo....different angle as well.

What was it doing again, and what is it doing now?

Before it wouldn't even show the BIOS... They replaced the entire mobo and both memory sticks (not sure why on the memory).

NOW it couldn't find my hard drive during the boot process. I tried booting from the restore disc thinking they could've formatted it. Disc booted fine, couldn't find a hard drive :( I am chatting with online tech support (this guy was especially clueless) and they were ready to send me a new hard drive then I would send in the current one. I found the instructions online to get the hard drive out so I pulled it out and re-installed then it booted fine. Wasn't formatted either, all my stuff was still there. So I decided I didn't need a new HD. Put the cover back on and then it doesn't work again :crazy: I took it apart again and didn't tighten the screws so tight (I'm used to working on cars :cool:) Now it works, but freezes occasionally. It seemed like it was only doing it while using FF. I'm not sure if it's software acting up or if there's still a hardware issue. Maybe the HD still isn't making good connection occasionally.

Either way I want to bring it with me on my trip next week so I'm going to leave it alone until after that... If I keep having problems I will try formatting the HD and make sure it's not software related. Then if it continues I'm sending it back again before my warranty expires and telling them I want a whole new computer :laugh:

So now when I have the cover of my laptop (one over the HD) installed the computer can't find the HD... As soon as I remove it, it acts normal.

I think I'm going to have another chat with Gateway and tell them I just want a new one :(

So now when I have the cover of my laptop (one over the HD) installed the computer can't find the HD... As soon as I remove it, it acts normal.

I think I'm going to have another chat with Gateway and tell them I just want a new one :(

There is some sort of connection shorting out with presure on it. Wonder if it is the ide cable since they changed out the MB

Back