• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

That is a retarded ticket.... Here (Inver Grove Hts) we can't park on the street at all after 2AM until 6AM through April. Though I have forgotten a few times and gotten away with it.

We just alternate what side of the street according to what the "following" day will be. No one in the history of man has ever gotten a ticket for parking on the "wrong" side of the street during the DAY!!!. :mad:

What happened to it? :(

New owner spun it out on the worst bridge in the state yesterday. Hit the median rail and then went back across both lanes into the ditch. Airbags went off, front bumper was ripped off....it is done. That bridge scares the crap out of me in the winter. :help: Roads where horrible to boot. So, I am sure the insurance should write it off as a no fault accident.

He wanted it towed to his house but the tow truck driver refused. We wanted to get a few things off of it. We will see though. Remember I swapped the mufflers off of it, so those aren't stock.

He wanted it towed to his house but the tow truck driver refused. We wanted to get a few things off of it. We will see though. Remember I swapped the mufflers off of it, so those aren't stock.

Yeah but I liked them :D

If you ARE able to get the exhaust off it, I will take it off your/his hands :)

Yeah but I liked them :D

If you ARE able to get the exhaust off it, I will take it off your/his hands :)

I will talk to him about maybe buying it back and parting it out....depends how much they will let him buy it back for....or if we can sneak into the lot and take the exhaust off. :laugh:

Hibbing. And if you really wanted to, I am sure we could "borrow" my friends garage to install it so you don't have to haul the exhaust all the way back.

I'd still be hauling a stock Cougar exhaust home :laugh: I think it might take a little bit of tweaking to clear the bumper on the Cougar anyways. I would probably just drive up in the Ranger and toss it in the back; so I didn't have to deal with it :)

I need that exhaust more than he does now..:laugh::laugh: I backed/slid into a curb and now te drivers side of mine is bent like a mofo. I decided that once I get my school loans set im gonna let the bank take my car.:laugh: I have tried selling it and noone wants it. Also it has so many things wrong right now.:nonono::mad::nonono:

I'd still be hauling a stock Cougar exhaust home :laugh: I think it might take a little bit of tweaking to clear the bumper on the Cougar anyways. I would probably just drive up in the Ranger and toss it in the back; so I didn't have to deal with it :)

Would the tips need to be lowered or moved in towards the center?

I need that exhaust more than he does now..:laugh::laugh: I backed/slid into a curb and now te drivers side of mine is bent like a mofo. I decided that once I get my school loans set im gonna let the bank take my car.:laugh: I have tried selling it and noone wants it. Also it has so many things wrong right now.:nonono::mad::nonono:

Depending on your loan amount, you could "roll over" the car loan in to it. Use some of your student loan to pay off the car, then you don't technically have a lien on it so you can sell it for whatever. Then you keep your credit score instead of defaulting on the car.

Would the tips need to be lowered or moved in towards the center?

Moved in towards the center... The Cougar bumper cutout isn't as wide as the cutouts in the SVT bumper. But everything should bolt up fine and clear minus the bumper.

Depending on your loan amount, you could "roll over" the car loan in to it. Use some of your student loan to pay off the car, then you don't technically have a lien on it so you can sell it for whatever. Then you keep your credit score instead of defaulting on the car.

Which is a much better idea. :idea:

NOPE! I need to replace my trunk cable...or at least find where it is bound up at.

I figured out we could salvage around $1200 worth of easy to pull parts if he buys it back. they pulled it out of the ditch by the rim :mad: so one of them is now bad.

Back