• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

I got in to the twin cities about 8:30 or so last night. We hit freezing rain around Cedar Rapids, IA and were in it for about 20 minutes or so. The bus driver (charter coach) had to stop and buy a scraper because the bus was completley iced over except for a 4 ft x 4 ft area on the windshield for him to see out of. The wipers were all iced over too.

When we left Peoria at 12:30 Sunday, it was in the 50's... In Cedar Rapids it was 26 and raining (freezing rain)... in Minneapolis it was just starting to snow and -2... This morning it was -8 (-30 with wind chill), and tomorrow it is forcast to be -19 air temp...

Why am I in town again?

Oh yeah... for work. :nonono:

I got in to the twin cities about 8:30 or so last night. We hit freezing rain around Cedar Rapids, IA and were in it for about 20 minutes or so. The bus driver (charter coach) had to stop and buy a scraper because the bus was completley iced over except for a 4 ft x 4 ft area on the windshield for him to see out of. The wipers were all iced over too.

When we left Peoria at 12:30 Sunday, it was in the 50's... In Cedar Rapids it was 26 and raining (freezing rain)... in Minneapilis it was just starting to snow and -2... This morning it was -8 (-30 with wind chill), and tomorrow it is forcast to be -19 air temp...

Why am I in town again?

Oh yeah... for work. :nonono:

At least you aren't where I am. It is still -4 with a low tonight of -32. :laugh:

-6 here last I heard :p

I think the has Blizzaks? :shrug:

Close, but no cigar.

Cooper WeatherMasters (with "snow groove") on the front.
Bridgestone Turanzas on the back.

I went from the left lane to the right shoulder. Didn't hit a single car though!! :laugh:

Close, but no cigar.

Cooper WeatherMasters (with "snow groove") on the front.
Bridgestone Turanzas on the back.

I went from the left lane to the right shoulder. Didn't hit a single car though!! :laugh:

well if you would stop pulling the ebrake on the highway to look cool

I never mess around with my ebrake!! I've had to replace them once and it wasn't fun!!

Yeah well, my starter was spinning when I went out to the car for lunch. Took a few turns before it finally caught. I hope it isn't on its way out....if it was the summer I wouldn't care that much, but in this weather. :help:

Ebrake cables are easy! :laugh:

:nonono::nonono::nonono: Unless your's weren't rusted to everything else. Pain in the behind!!

Yeah my car sounded like a train this morning, but it did turn over on the first attempt. I don't have winter oil in it yet. OOPS! :rolleyes:

Yeah well, my starter was spinning when I went out to the car for lunch. Took a few turns before it finally caught. I hope it isn't on its way out....if it was the summer I wouldn't care that much, but in this weather. :help:

P.S. If I were you, I wouldn't admit that I eat lunch in my car...

:D

Thats what mine did (but never caught) last week in the VW. saturday AM i put a new one in. How tough is it to replace on the 3L ? (or the 2.5)

that'd just be you sucking.

I think it was from the -30F we had last night...or someone deflated them. Drove about 4-5 blocks. :nonono: One isn't holding air now....we can hear it going in, but the tire isn't raising....but we aren't hearing a leak either. I am hoping that it is just because of a bad seal on the tank we were using (it wasn't a compressor, it was a tank where you inject air into it up to 125 psi). If I ruined the rim, I am going to freaking kill someone....I am hoping that the tire had just enough support along with the snow to prevent any damage.

Back