• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

You might be a CEG'er if....

u know what? i never actually got the thing about the spice racks :confused:. must be an old joke or sumthn
It's not a joke older than your membership. I think it's barely over a year old now.

Pole took a pic of something to post on the boards. He happened to have a spice rack in the background.
Eventually everyone complimented him on the spice rack instead of what he was photographing.
Afterward, it became somewhat of a CEG tradition to have a spice rack in the background of your parts pics.

It's not a joke older than your membership. I think it's barely over a year old now.

Pole took a pic of something to post on the boards. He happened to have a spice rack in the background.
Eventually everyone complimented him on the spice rack instead of what he was photographing.
Afterward, it became somewhat of a CEG tradition to have a spice rack in the background of your parts pics.

no-one does it quite like me :D

-if you have over 800 sq. feet of space and it's filled....with nothing but contours and contour parts.

.. you get compliments on your "tricked out Contour" when it's merely a stock SVT

I hear that... The following conversation took place with a guy at work

Him: That's a Contour you drive right?
Me: Yup
Him: What all have you done to it?
Me: Beside the production number on the front?
Him: Yeah
Me: Nothing, completely stock.
Him: Really?
Me: Yup, completely stock SVT, just how it came from KC....
Him: Oh...

You have installed an aftermarket sound system that has enough power to drown out the noise from the wheel bearings, CV joints, moosing, etc. etc.

You have installed an aftermarket sound system that has enough power to drown out the noise from the wheel bearings, CV joints, moosing, etc. etc.

OH yeah.

friend: "whats that noise?"
me: *turns subwoofer up* "what noise?"

I know I'm a CEG'er today!

I know I'm a CEG'er today!

Windshield wiper comes loose at 70MPH in heavy rain. Kind of hard to see, so I waited for the rain to stop, made me late to work. Fixed that using tools from work. Leave work 12:30AM, engine chugs rhythmically, CEL flashes a beat, then steady. Code scanner is getting more use:nonono:

-- If, every morning, you slightly engage the emergency brake to keep those dang rear brakes from singing when you're braking whilst backing (downhill) out of your garage --

<< insert picture of felines with 'paws o'er ears' trying to figure out where the hell that noise is coming from >>

Rob

Screeeeeeeeee "The hills are alive with the sound of drum brakes" eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Last edited:
If you insist on struggling to put a Mystique gauge cluster in your Zetec Contour just because you want a stock rpm gauge

or spent enough time to get a 98+ cluster then a tach from any zetec to put in the v6 cluster(or in my case svt, which i switched overlays on).

You might be a CEGer if...

--- You want to get a beater car for winter, but you can't think of any car cheaper than a Contour that you could tolerate driving.

Back