• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wsgd!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, got them located at the back of the fender now. Towards the top. Hopefully they last longer there.

I also was :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing around with something my father gave me today that he couldn't use on his car. A 12 V 97 dB back up alarm. :laugh: I need to get another one to put on the other taillight. :laugh:

If anyone's curious it's this loud.
"Boeing 737 or DC-9 aircraft at one nautical mile (6080 ft) before landing . . . 97 dB"

Yay or Nay? I didn't run wires yet but figured I'd drill the holes and bolt them up.

I'm not used to putting extra lights on a car that didn't already have them on it...so I'm not sure how to do this. Do I just get an in-line fuse that's the same amp as the headlights? :confused:

Anyway, here they are.

newlights-1.jpg

run a separate circuit with a rocker panel switch to power the driving lights...you can run an inline fuse, but I don't know if I would piggy-back off of the headlight circuit...

Oh, I didn't mean splice them into something else. I was just using the headlight circuit for a reference.

Basically this will run like everything else, right...a 12v circuit?

Now where do I put the inline fuse? Between the battery and lights, or between the light and rocker switch? I'm guessing between the battery and lights.

It doesn't matter where it goes in the circuit, just put it somewhere off the (+) line where you will have easy access to it if it blows...

we can only hope

Thanks for that.

Yes, I'm going to drop off the face of the CEG. This is the only forum where voicing an opinion on things that bother you about other facets of the community is apparently unacceptable, and warrants being told to drop it or get warnings/infractions. I'm not one to be repressed by what basically seems like Nazism either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back