• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who want to get Warmonger tune your car?

SVT3391

CEG'er
I do. And I am looking for someone who wants to get his/her car tuned by Warmonger in a very near future to take advantage of Tom's generous offer:

I will also offer a deal if you get a buddy to buy a tune with you. I'll discount each by $25 if you pay the same day.

I am ready and can go any time. Any one interested? Please either pm me or simply leave a response here. Then we can set up a day and pay Tom.

Rick

I would but I don't have a xcal2 yet nor have I gotten my headers installed so that I can get dyno info on the car to aid in a tune

I would but I don't have a xcal2 yet nor have I gotten my headers installed so that I can get dyno info on the car to aid in a tune

I thought about that earlier. Then I found Brenspeed sells used/unlocked XCal2 for $235 http://stores.ebay.com/Brenspeeds-Stang-Recycler and there are also tons on ebay for about $210 - $220 unlocked. I know a lot of people are looking to get the new Burrita Turbo kit, myself included. In a pm Tom told me he can do either 2 separate tunes (NA and turbo) at discounted price, or a single tune good for both (at even lower price which is a great idea) and he will keep communicate to get things really dialed in. Also Burrita confirmed the pricing strategy is to charge the hardware kit and the software kit separate so it will end up saving a buck or two (Burrita has to charge close to MSRP -- ~$350 up -- due to contract obligation) while having Tom's excellent service early on while he is sort of free (guess how busy he will be when the turbo kit starts deliver). So I decide to get an early start.

I will be getting the headers too. But they will get in the car the same time the turbo kit is installed. Before that, I could use a good tune for my NA 3L.

BTW, I believe dyno helps but not the deciding factor. Tom will look at the data logs to tune the car. We just need to send logs/tunes via emails.

well I will look into the Xcal2 on ebay then, I did see those before.

I suppose a tune would be good for me in the spring anyway, headers or not as I am going to be using a SFG0 PCM in my SE ... would be interesting to see which code LTZ3 or SFG0 would be easier to tune ...and I am seriously considering the turbo kit also ...

so warmonger which code would be easier for you to tune? SFG0 or LTZ3?

well I will look into the Xcal2 on ebay then, I did see those before.

I suppose a tune would be good for me in the spring anyway, headers or not as I am going to be using a SFG0 PCM in my SE ... would be interesting to see which code LTZ3 or SFG0 would be easier to tune ...and I am seriously considering the turbo kit also ...

so warmonger which code would be easier for you to tune? SFG0 or LTZ3?

SFG0 of course. I have all the SVT tunes worked out now, just need to take into account minor differences between setups.

SFG0 of course. I have all the SVT tunes worked out now, just need to take into account minor differences between setups.

well then there it is ... waiting on some SVT injectors and I am good to go with that ... I pm'd you earlier, let me know what you think when you have a chance, thanks

also I purchased a Xcal2 from brenspeed on ebay tonight ...

Last edited:
well then there it is ... waiting on some SVT injectors and I am good to go with that ... I pm'd you earlier, let me know what you think when you have a chance, thanks

also I purchased a Xcal2 from brenspeed on ebay tonight ...

Congrats!
So that means, we will be 'buddies' in terms of getting tuned... :laugh:

Congrats!
So that means, we will be 'buddies' in terms of getting tuned... :laugh:

yes that should be the case. I am just waiting for warmonger to drop my a pm and let me know what he things about tuning my car ... I got the xcal2 since I figure I will need it at some point anyway ...

yes that should be the case. I am just waiting for warmonger to drop my a pm and let me know what he things about tuning my car ... I got the xcal2 since I figure I will need it at some point anyway ...
That's the same thought for me to get mine.
Did you get the $245, fairly new looking one?

That one looks nice. I was guessing either you would get that one, or the $235 one. The one I picked up does not come with a USB cable but the XCal2 unit itself looks very new too.

So let the tuning begin! :laugh:

git it today, unit looks brand new, it seems ready to go, just need to install my new pcm and injectors in the car and I am ready to go ...

Not sure. I'm still a bit confused on the whole tuning situation. Can't my car be tuned to perform similar/better to an SVT stock tune? Or does the tune kick in under certain settings like WOT? It would nice to have the xcal to tune for any future mods as well. I'd also still like to steal someone elses pcm and make sure it works with my car before I go out and buy one. Our last attempt makes me a bit nervous.

Back