• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who here might be interested in ........

Who here might be interested in ........

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The y pipe will follow the factory y pipe and collect up to the back cat. Now me and Tom are weighting out what option to do here we will either run two small 2" pipe from the rear pipe where it will connect into a merge connector to a 2.5 and have a flange there where it will turn up. Or we will have the merge under the rear manifold with flange here and use an oval 2.5 pipe to the front then turn up to the T3 flange I will post up a scetch of what I plan on doing.

Will the 2 2" piping or 2.5" oval piping be to maximize ground clearance? :)

Hey everybody.

Just remember what happened to the first cheaper ADC (then streetflight kit) kit that was made. Everyone *****ed about little details like log manifolds, mild steel, intercoolers, turbos, etc. until EVERYONES little wish was fulfilled. Then the kit released to the tune of almost $6K dollars and you know how many were sold and why it was discontinued.

If you have lot of questions about what performs well, look at my website! A lot of the groundbreaking work on different turbo setups were done several years past too include using factory manifolds and custom y-pipe on a 3L to make 326 wHP on 8psi boost. If you don't like that kind of power then leave this thread. ;) lol

Remember, all my turbo pipe kits were mild steel until the last one in stainless. The mild steel works very well and lasts a long time.

The parts will be new but they will be affordable. If you want to discount the kit with less options then you can do that. Why not, it's your kit and as you spend some time with the kit if you want more power you can add little bits of money to upgrade it.
Don't start down the path of wanting it all right now. Search the old forums on our old turbo posts to see what was cheap but worked well. THen you'll get an idea of how this kit can be made affordable.

Remember, it is better to have a car that is only 75% fully modd'd to your liking having a lot of power above stock, then to wait and wait and wait with the car down on jackstands until you have enough money to buy Top Dollar everything. Take it steps at a time and upgrade as you need to.

If you buy the base kit for factory manifold then later you can swap in MSDS for more power. Should be an easy swap.

Also tuning. No two cars can use the exact same tune. You will end up paying for what you get. You get the Xcal2 and tuning, expect to pay what an Xcal2 with tune costs.

if you want stainless, you pay for it. If you want a big fatty turbo, expect to have bigger injectors, maf, fuel pump, etc start tickling the price.

TANSTAAFL
There aint no such thing as a free lunch....

i just want alittle more power not 400 hp and the cheaper the better until relaiblity becomes an issue agian i think its a great idea and with whatever the kit turns out to look like it will be a great step up

Tom,

I know you and Joey have a firm handle on what works and what needs to be done. I think at the platforms time in life owners will take what is availble. Granted the product you two come up with will be top notch so its not like people will be setteling for kibbles and bits.

Remember, it is better to have a car that is only 75% fully modd'd to your liking having a lot of power above stock, then to wait and wait and wait with the car down on jackstands until you have enough money to buy Top Dollar everything. Take it steps at a time and upgrade as you need to.

I can't agree more. Since a lot of our cars are like a decade old (mine was made in 97), it's better to grab something NOW and inject life into the car, than wait and wait and finally before a kit comes out the car is there no more. I, for one, will opt to get one affordable, available kit, then worry about the 20% remaining juice extractable out of the engine. Heck, I may be very happy with the 75 - 80% performance potential and call it a day. Because either way, it will be so much better than my original 200 crank rated HP 2.5.

So bring the kit on! I have already talked to my wife. She doesn't seem to object to the idea. Maybe she thought I was joking because I have been talking turbo/supercharger since 2001. :)

here is a real rough draft I will make it route like this I did some measurments and I am really confident it will pane out me and tom discuss the intercooler routing. The intercooler will be thursday I will snap pics then of the peice. I will post some flows of the intercooler tonite too.
customsetupsmaller3.jpg

specs

intercooler_specs_002smaller.jpg

Last edited:
Are you guys going to keep making this,I.E. if someone misses the first batch will they be able to pm one of you two to purchase it?Or is it just a one time deal.Sorry if this has been asked already but I have read over all the post and couldn't find an answer.

it is not a one time deal we are making a jig and I will try to keep extra kits on-hand at all times for the guy who wants the kit now.

Ok,thats great!Because I def. want this kit but it gonna be a little bit for me to save up some dough.Keep up the good work guys!

I haven't been looking to turbo my car, but if this kit comes in at a reasonable price & I can turn down boost for every day driving then up the boost when needed, I'd serisouly consider it. The only question: is my BIG, FAT, CRAPPY, slushbox gonna be in the way... :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back