• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who here might be interested in ........

Who here might be interested in ........

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
the intercooler flows 600 cfm which is good for 325 whp and maybe more around 350whp which is 425hp remember I am offering a kit that will give you 325 whp for 3 liters and 275whp for svt 2.5 motors. If you want to push the kit you can upgrade anything you want. I will be offering 2 dollars a hp which is a good price for what we have now. The intercooler can hold 35 psi pressure which you don't have to worry about that happening since we have v6 motors. Joey

275*20= 5500 so thats too much since he is trying to make this affordable. 5-10 dollars an hp is more feasable. but yeah 2 is alittle low i could afford that!! i would like to see it that way

Last edited:
I think that he did mean 20 because he is not giving you 275hp. He's giving you about 110hp. 110*20=2200 which is around what he was quoting us.....either way I'm very interested. I turbo set up that could run on a completely stock CSVT would be ideal for me. I'm just wanting alittle extra boost without droping thousands into it.

yeah sorry my fault but yeah i second what you said just want some boost so people dont think my cars a pos. compared to the mustangs and vw's running around my school

what does it matter if you can or cannot use your GMK CAI. You're putting a freaking turbo on the car! Even if you have to go get some pipes done to put your filter into the fender it would be worth it. The ability to retain a 150 dollar CAI should not be the deciding factor!

what does it matter if you can or cannot use your GMK CAI. You're putting a freaking turbo on the car! Even if you have to go get some pipes done to put your filter into the fender it would be worth it. The ability to retain a 150 dollar CAI should not be the deciding factor!

exactly....

Ok I mounted the intercooler and the brackets. Now I can clearly see the aluminum piping will have no problem with clearances. When the kit will be installed the front bumper will be off making the install so easy to do. The radiator will remain in and the air deflectors will be removed. Here are some pics of the intercooler mounted clearily visible so that the mustang might be worried some.......lol. I will give you some more pics once I get Mark's car in the air .........:)
intercoolerpicsmallermounted2_001.jpg

intercoolerpicsmallermounted2_002.jpg

Ok ok, not is the deciding factor obviously.
I only say that the position of the filter is important, and I think that if there is space for put it rear the bumper or in the fender will be better, only this thing. Not for the cost of the GMK CAI. I have an inexpensive custom CAI, then it isn´t a problem

Where does the intercooler piping come through on the drivers side? I currently have a relocated oil filter mounted on the outside of the frame (next to the horn). I was going to replace the oil hoses soon... but if the oil filter location will conflict with the turbo stuff, I'll wait to do the hoses and try to find another location for the filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back