• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who here might be interested in ........

Who here might be interested in ........

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a new job that pays pretty decent. I am going to start saving for this right now! I've already spend THOUSANDS into my car. Its time to seal the deal. Burrita, I'll be PM'ing you about specifics.

yes guys this will come with 36# so i can just buy alot of them that will work for both engines.

I will tell you guys the price I am looking at is at about 2500.00 to 2700.00 to sell it a complete kit now the only exception to price break if you have a xcal2 since we only will tune with this peice. Also if you have injectors then sell yours or the new ones I will not make a turn key kit so that I am not left with parts on the shelf.

I will build five kits I will have them boxed and ready on the shelf. The first five kits will be stock manifolds only. I will be locating the next car with weaapon r's and give someone a free install for the car since the mock up will only take weekend. Then of course msds headers too afterwards and of course these guy will get the same free install.

I will post pics of the intercooler and turbo and blow-off valves I plan on using if I can bulk it right.

The guy is shipping his car this week. I will have a some progress this week I have to put a 3 liter in his car for free for the loaned car. If someone cannot get me 2.5 liter for dyno purposes let me know about a running engine preferrably 2000 so I can put that motor in his car on the first dyno. I will give some a great price for a running 2.5 svt motor PM me

I will let the beast rest till I get the jig made. I will have it running afterwards if ya'll let me but I guess that would be a good thing meaning I am building more kits. But that is the sweet thing it will take longer for the UPS guy to get me the next batch than it will to weld and fit.

I going get pics of the main peices i'll be back

Hurry up and pull the trigger on this deal!

..._...|..____________________, ,

....../ `---___________----_____|] = = = D

...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/

.....), ---.(_(__) /

....// (..) ), ----"

...//___//

..//___//

.//___//

I just got a big smile on my face... if the majority of votes are around what the system will sell for, I can afford that!

Might be a bit easier install too, since my car had a Vortech at one point.

Man I'm so excited for this kit!!!This is def. bringing some excitment back to the contour.Excatly How long are you going to be making these kits??I guess its based on how many ppl buy tthem?

I'm still confused as to why there would need to be a different kit for the Weapon R headers or the MSDS headers.

I have WR headers and I'm using my stock y-pipe. Everything bolts up the same pretty much. All I had to do was buy some bolts with matching nuts, because the stock manifolds are tapped on one spot if I remember right.

So why would this require a different setup... minus the tune obviously. Or is that what your referring to, just getting the setup installed on a car with WR/MSDS headers and having a tune specifically for the headers?

Because if thats the case then your going to have to start factorying in things like what people have for aftermarket exhaust, larger throttle bodies, larger MAF's or any other mod that people might have. In that event I would just have the kit but just not supply a tune for it and leave it to the buyers to take the car in and have it professionally tuned on a dyno and just reduce the price to not include the cost of the tune your providing for the stock applications. I don't know thats just my .02 I guess.

Last edited:
Man I'm so excited for this kit!!!This is def. bringing some excitment back to the contour.Excatly How long are you going to be making these kits??I guess its based on how many ppl buy tthem?

same question, how long will this be available?

also I was going to say the smae thing about the Weapon R or MSDS headers that they bolt to the stock y-pipe, but I figured you know this ... is it because of the size and shape of the headers might cause a different routing for the turbo piping?

Keep coming with the questions because it will help me make sure we touch all areas.

Yes me and tom will have this kit available I will build two jigs so that me a Tom can move more products on demand. Basically I want it where Tom and I can do a whole kit in a days time. But in the beginning the kit will be fab at my house since I have the time off to do but in case I am at work it will be boxed ready to ship. And ultimatly this is a small investment into other cars we will do. Get ready for the Mazda 6 and the Tom has his volvo kit already mapped too.

If you guys know of cars in the future or buddies that have popular cars that have not yet developed a kit let s us know.

The reason I was thinking of having two different setups is because I will need to prove this on the dyno but since you have larger primaries with weapon r's etc I may want to keep the diameter larger to reek the gains and spool up time while even offering that setup with a .82 housing now granted this kit may produce better and smoother numbers across the board. But if I see no improvements then I won't bother building a stage 2 or so. And the reason I am going to keep the y pipe smaller dimaeter is for velocity since the stock manifold will spool slower due to heat loss and design therefore the smaller y pipe will allow for faster spool plus not hamper the output and keeping ground clearance the best too. Keep in mind we will still be using the .63 as a stock kit since it can even work great for stock 3 liter. The 60 trim will go either way too and keep intake temps lower because of the larger wheel too.

Tom will decide about the tuning he may keep it simple or charge for a tad more for harder tunes. Then he may keep it the same I will let him answer that question or we may just not include the tune price to allow you to go wherever you want to get a tune. We haven't finalize the tuning part yet but if we can make the price better we will do that. But right now its Sunday and the car I am getting is from illinois so he has to ship it feight since I am adding a motor to his car for this project. I beleive I may have Mark see if he can bring me down a 2.5 liter full motor to put in the car first. The afterwards i will put in a 3 liter and not change a thing to see what gains it gets too before the MAF gives or fuel pump.

The true duals will no longer be TRUE but you can bring the crossover pipe from the downpipe to the cat to a muffler shop to let them Y it back out to your cat back. So yes you can use the kit but no matter what it can never stay true duals unless you had twin turbos but not practical nor possible here.

another stupid question. would this kit fit an ATX [apart from the issue of probably shredding the tranny]

the problem I think of right now correct if i am wrong but there is a tranny cooler that might make the intercooler hard to fit. After the intial rush If someone wants me to try i may be able to relocate the tranny cooler and have to check with turbo clearances but it is possible yes but will i invest in it maybe not that will be a real maybe i would think of it as a group buy thing I might go for it. Nothing is possible but is the reward enough maybe not. Hope I answered your question good.

i have that amount of money right now, either for that, or a cougar-s kit, or 3.0. so make me happy, i love turbos, and my 2.5 runs strong :):):)

I am under my car now doing measurements i will be ordering materials monday and I will be fitting on my car till i get the stock car here. I am going at the pace I don't want anyone to hold me but I want the kit available before income tax return money hit everyone's bank. I am planning on taking plan on taking a vacation it will give me three weeks out of february to sell kits to ya'll

oh plus you can do the 3 liter swap afterwards and net another 50 whp or more

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back