• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

When will CEG die?

I've owned 2 mystiques, one 96 teal 4 banger with an auto and I was like this sucks. So I bought a 98 with a v6 and a mtx and couldn't be happier yeah the suspension falls apart and our trannies aren't the strongest in the world but like was said earlier the love of the contour/mystique will never die.

Itll die when Mark stops paying Vbulletin.

captainobvious.jpg

I'm going to laugh the day people are restoring 1998-2000 CSVT's in the same sense that they restore cars today from generations long since passed.
I think that time has already come to pass

search newb!
;) j/k

Every so often, people enjoy asking this question.
I prefer not to think about death of any kind.

Don't worry Kim, I'm just as scared as you are. I'll be honest in saying that it has run through my head every night as I try to sleep for the past few months.

But anyways...CEG will be around for at least 5 more years. Most likely more. Five is a very conservative value.

Long may CEG live. I've tried swearing (literally) off Contour-Mystiques but
as quickly as they go, more magically appear. I've a serious mental disease.
Contique Syndrome? Without CEG this nut would have off-ed himself by now.

Once in a while luck shines her feeble rays upon me - see todays post in the
transaxle section.

Much luck to all; we need it.

When I came to Orlando in 1999, I bought a Contour. It was my first personal belonging. I had issues with her here and there and couple times I was about to trade her in. But I didn't... I wanted to keep her. Then I found this forum while desperately looking for some help. When I found this, I couldn't believe that there was a forum (for a car that was stopped in 2000) so powerful even more powerful and than many forums for the make/models that are current in todays market.
Then I liked my Contour even more. She has been sick for the past year and despite spending hours on her, I couldn't fix it. She is at the shop today. Hopefully I will soon find out what's wrong with her and make her roadworthy again. Friends around me can't believe that I spent so much time, money and effort to keep the car that is probably worth not even a grand. It is not about how much she is worth. She was my first car here. Hopefully, she will get well soon...

And this forum will stay...:cool:

I think the site will last for quite some time. Hopefully there are more people like me that buy one and move on but then come back. I went from a 1997 Acura CL 2.2 in 1997 to a 1999 CSVT in 2000, to a 2003 Audi A4 in 2003, then bought a 2000 CSVT in 2006 (9,000 miles, sold in 2007) along with buying the Bondurant car, then bought an 07' FJ Cruiser in 2006, bought the Saleen in 2007, then onto two 1998 CSVTs in 2008. I just sold the FJ Cruiser 3 weeks ago. Now I'm selling one of the 1998s and the other will be my daliy driver. I've driven and owned alot of cars, I even left some out, and CSVTs happen to be my favorite. I hope all of that made sense. :)

Back