• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

When will CEG die?

ConcepTrs913

Veteran CEG'er
When do you guys think that people will stop coming to CEG? I mean it has evolved going from the original people moving on to different cars and younger people picking up CSVT's and contours because they are cheap, but do you think it will ever die?

The info here is timeless. There is always new things being figured out. The Contour will be 25 years old and people will still post about how much they love their contour.

I'm going to laugh the day people are restoring 1998-2000 CSVT's in the same sense that they restore cars today from generations long since passed.

search newb!
;) j/k

Every so often, people enjoy asking this question.
I prefer not to think about death of any kind.

It may eventually evolve into something else, but I doubt it will "die" for a long time.

Many of the old-schoolers are still around and posting regularly despite having moved on from the Contour years ago. Its still a community that we've created here, even when the original catalyst is gone, the friendships still remain.

It may eventually evolve into something else, but I doubt it will "die" for a long time.

Many of the old-schoolers are still around and posting regularly despite having moved on from the Contour years ago. Its still a community that we've created here, even when the original catalyst is gone, the friendships still remain.

or some of us are suckers for punishment.

agreed... i no longer have a contour. but i still post on here regularly.

i dont think the site will ever die...

or some of us are suckers for punishment.

even with all the contour's flaws it is still a very enjoyable car to drive and it has alot going for it.

There are plenty of people out there that aren't interested in the newest gadget. The ones that are will fade away but there will always be the die hards. And there are always people that want to fix their car and CEG is a great resource.

CEG has already evolved quite a bit over the last few years, and more so over its history. People leave, people join, and the group atmosphere changes accordingly.

+1

if anything it'll turn into a general car enthusiast site

EDIT: or we'll all just buy fiesta's lol!

:nonono:lol:laugh:

Yeah mine was mistaken for one at the show this past weekend, the guy said "What year sho is this?" I said "really, and you are at a ford show:nonono:"

Should have told him it a '10. Probably would have said cool.:nonono:

As stated many times, this site is about so much more than Contours\Mystiques\Mondeos\Cougars so I think as long as the "family" is around CEG will be here.

Last edited:
Back