• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Went to look at a replacement SVT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like brett said, if its really got a built motor (which I dont trust it has) and the supercharger than it would be worth a little bit to buy and part out

No way you could drive it with the tires dry rotted. Plus, it was out of inspection. Looks like it's been sitting around for at least that year and 9 months since it was last inspected.

IIRC, there was some info in the car fax that was suspicious. I recall the last recorded mileage around 25,000 and the car has 50 something on it. There was no mileage recorded when it was last inspected and it sounds like there is another entry for inspection missing on the car fax. Correct me if I'm wrong here Glenn.

I'm seriously not sure where they get $55,000 invested. :confused:

Here ya go:

SVTfrontend.jpg

Doors don't line up:

SVTdoor.jpg

Nice paint job:

painonmirrorbase.jpg

Tire:

dryrottedtire.jpg

Exhaust tips:

exhaust.jpg

Nobody has mentioned this, but do you think it was sho-shop 3liter? I never they never sold those. But do you think he is trying to say its from them?? Who knows. But that is where my mind is going when i read sho 3liter. Unless he is totally retarded and he actually thinks thats a 3liter sho motor.

From looking at those exhaust tips it maybe a bosal system, if it is that's how they all looked in the rear, it was the biggest complaint, you had to modify the rear hangers to get them looking right. It's sad to say that svt has been misstreated, I wouldn't believe anything that seller says about the car. too bad.

just found this thread...I had been looking at the car pretty serious until I read and looked at these pics...I remember he posted this car for something like $14000 at one point, and then emailed me like it was a big deal when he lowered the price to $9999...put him off a while longer, and then the price was $6500, and now I find it on cars.com today for $5500...the guy that I have been communicating with said that he was representing the shop where ALL the work except the machining and paint had been done...I was talking to the wife about sending him a deposit until I get my Mustang sold...NEVERMIND!!!

I am happy you guys are looking out for us newbies to the CSVT scene, I would have been one step beyond pi$$ed had the delivery truck pulled up to the house with that thing on it. Kind of sad it turned out this way though, which this would have been legit. There seem to be 5 Vortech kits in the world...would have been nice to have one of them...oh well.

Thanks again guys!!!:)

Good thing this was posted and you didn't buy that SVT.

The car is parked behind House of Kolor.

The CarFax report doesn't show any inspection of this vehicle after 12/12/02, it had 24,861 miles on it at the time. I'm not sure why CarFax isn't showing the 20 something thousand miles more that the car has on the clock though. It also shows that a duplicate title was issued. The inspection stickers on the car show 3/06 presently, strange that CarFax isn't showing that inspection.

For future reference: you could have posted in the North East forum and asked if someone would take a look at the car for you. You'll find that most CEG'ers are more than willing to lend a hand and take a look for you. So, don't hesitate to post and ask for some help if you need it.

Oh, and welcome to the CEG. :)

This is an email sent to me by Dan, not the owner, but the shop owner where most of the work was done. He asked me to post this for him.

"Pen two" didnt have the balls to come into the shop the car was sitting next to for sale when he came to see it to ask about any of the concearns or discrepencies he saw in the authenticity of the add I posted to sell this car. If he did he wouldnt have had anything to bash it with. He took pictures in the rain that doesnt show much, and no facts to talk bad about anything. Yea just a little troll is right. The following will explain all the defects or lack there of with his claims and questions.
Firs of all I never posted that it was a perfect brand new off the lot show winner. But it is a damn nice car. Well worth the $5500 price tag. The vin If anybody wants to check it out is 1FAFP68G2XK179897 The floor mats stickers guage faces etc. All owners requests not what I suggested as a shop owner. Anything changed from factory because of choice and opinion not out to keep it all original.
The exhaust was bought and bolted on. Nothing else was done I agree bosal makes a poor fit however the pick ange shows and suggests worse that it really is.
The SHO 3.0 was bought used from a yard. I didnt look int it that far to check authenticity of the engine being sho except that that is what a reputable yard sold me and that is what I asked for. However the way we built it is now far better than any SHO engine that Ford ever put together. The heads have been ported with larger valves, intake and exhaust, cylinders honed with forged pistons and rods. I would be interested in the proof that these heads and block did not come from an sho. I shure looks the same as a few shos we had here for repairs in the past.
As far as what was invested, We charge by the hour and he had us do all the work, and paid for it all. we installed supercharger on the 2.5 and then he blew the 2.5 so then we got him the 3.0 had it built and installed that as well as all the other extras. the whole car was diassembled no masking to repaint it. The inperfection in the paint around the driver side mirror was from the 7 stage paint job; primer, sealer, base candy, flake, clear, wet sand, clear. The car was put back together too soon after paint and the fitment of the mirror dug into the paint before it cured all the way. anctious customer wants his car done!! Honestly that is the only imperfection in the paint.
The car was black the engine bay wasnt painted. engine bay is still black.
The tires have 40 lbs in them. they should only have 30. they are actually overinflated.
The car did sit and has been sitting for a while hence the low miles. Tires do dry rot from sitting and not driving. Only the front are dry rotted and not ready to fall appart but do need to be replaced soon. The rears are fine.
The door wasnt fully latched in his picture. That is why the uneven gap is seen in it.
The trunk probably coud use a slight adjustment to get perfect but is not horrible and you really have to look to notice anything.
The price on the windshield had not been updated.
Yes he is taking a huge loss but hobbies and toys are never a good investment.
Dont know what the front pic shows other than the lower grill seems to need some clips along the bottom to hold it against the bumper. Have to check with ford on that.
Parking brake cables have been replaced and a rear caliper since he was here takin pics.
So I guess the cables is thew only thing it could be not calipers or anything like that huh?!?!?!
Alittle out of the blue but here goes have to get something off my chest.
You know if you dont have the money or am just not interestd just shut up. This is all just trash talk when you had the chance to make this right and confront the ad poster in person. I just dont get these people.
If you add the minor adjustments or repiars up you will still find it is well worth the $5500 price tag. The rear bumper is a ford bumper and you would think for $1100 or more you would get a piece that is made better. We got two and they both fit the same. I looked at other contours and they just were not designed well. The line from the 1/4 down to the bumper steps in. the bumper just seems a little to "in" Thats ford for you.
The interior was never changed! Not sure why ford made the dash off color. If the price is good just for the parts... Then come get it?!?!
Nobody tuned the milage back nor replaced the guage cluster its just a bad indiglo overlay. The owner just wanted it, Im not going to refuse a job.
The owner isnt a car nut and he probably never conditioned the leather. But it doesnt mean its bad.
Nobody is fooling anybody that are guage faces how is putting on wrong guage faces fooling anybody? I dont get it. If anything i would be trying to show an SVT is an SE.
Why is PENN TWO and LUCA breakin paint off other peoples car anyway and laughing about it?!?!? A little immature you better keep him away from your ride at the car shows!
I have the original invoices showing what was paid for itemized, but the dyno sheet is lost by the owner but the mods and potential speak for themselves.
Never in an accident that I know of or the owner knows of. We are a proffessional body shop here in business for 9.5 years and we couldnt see any signs of damage showing a comprimise in structural integrity.
We did replace a headlight and a fender, just beacause of dings and fading in the plastic not because of an accident. We didnt mask anything during the paint job all parts were disassembled for paint and put back together. The weatherstrip is all brand new. I did see on the passenger side the weather strip is designed to stick on with adhesive tape from the factory and a few inches along the top it is a little high by a millimeter or two when you are looking at it from the outside.
The trunk could use a minor adjustment to get perfect but nothing noticable unless you are realy looking. The simple fact is this whole cart was apart for repainting no bumpers hood fenders or doors all painted off the car to avoid overspray, just like the factory does it.
Why is it so hard to believe that somebody has an svt contour and that they dumped an inheritanc into it in performance mods??
I personally think you guys are crazy for spending this much time and money on these cars anyway.
Isnt the nickname mercury mistake because of the oiling and electronic problems? The SVT doesnt seem to have all the same problems and I am imressed with what we were able to do with this particular car.
I personnally like the classic chevelles and the early 90 vws.
Again never said it was an absolute show winner but well worth $5500 and performs great looks good and a damn nice fun car.
Oh and thanks for the positive and compliments from BUDDY PALUMBO, GUITARMAN 19853, BREEZD, Y2KSVT, DAIRDEVYLD, ROVAR, SVTJON87, KREMITHEFROG
IF ANYBODY HAS ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS WITH THIS PLEASE CALL ME AT 215 500 1680 ASK FOR DAN.
I recieved a mail about this car from somebody on www.cars.com (probably Pen Two) with a fake reply e-mail and phone number. That just shows me they were bashing and not interested in realy finding out about the car. Keep it to inquireys as to if you want to buy and not if you are jealous you cant afford and want to bash it. -Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back