• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Went to look at a replacement SVT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATX SHO's had the 3.2L
MTX SHO's had the 3.0L

Either way, that's NOT a SHO motor.

Mark

Agreed. I've been around a lot of SHO's (owned a 94 ATX at one point) not to mention worked on them, and that is no SHO motor.

w640-3.jpg

The first thing I noticed was the color of the dash... It doesn't match the rest of the interior parts.

Then there was this picture...

i-4.JPG

What do you want to bet that if you check the chassis VIN, this car didn't start life as an SVT.

Many of us have done the same thing... In fact I'm currently collecting (midnight blue) SVT interior parts for my SE; and what do you think is the hardest part to get? That's right, the dash!

So what's the difference between what this guy has done and what I'm doing? I have no intention of EVER trying to pass my SE off as an SVT!

You should have bought it. Good car for you.

If you can't be mature about things, why do you post? I'm providing information about a car that is all sorts of garbage in the event someone stumbles across it and becomes interested. This way, before they have the chance to get let down, they're informed of all of the flaws and incorrect information.

Last edited:
i hate that inspection crap. we have nothing like that here. i was riding around on bald tires all summer. hector can vouch for me on that lol

The tires were dry rotted to the point that if you filled them up, they'd probably fall apart from expanding.

someone outta run a carfax on that car and see what the real deal is. For 55K, you think they could have cleaned up the engine bay a little bit more. It looks like they just dragged that thing out of the junkyard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back