• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Went to look at a replacement SVT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen_Two

Is not easliy amused.
Avoid this car if you're looking for something that can be put on the road without investing additional money into tires.

Here's the pictures and link from it.

w640-4.jpg
w640-3.jpg

w640-2.jpg
w640-1.jpg

w640.jpg

http://cars.com/go/search/detail.js...+descending|Q-descending|Z-18472&aff=national

The drivers door didn't line up with the body, the trunk didn't line up either. The front bumper seemed like it was held on by 2 screws. The paint job was poorly done. The front seats were pretty torn up for only 54,XXX miles. The exhaust looked rather crooked, and the back bumper was fitting up to the car very wierd. Tires were all dry rotted to ****, and damn near flat. The weather stripping on the passenger door was messed up. They claimed it wasn't in any accidents, but it had one brand new headlight on the side of the car that lined up oddly. So I'm sure it was in an accident.

Just thought I'd let anyone know who might be looking into the car.

just from the pic i like the color. but it dose look beat up. and they say it has a 3L SHO motor in it? umm no i didnt think they would fit

It looks to have started out life as a black/tan CSVT - the whole engine bay is black . The rest of the car has been repainted a custom metallic custom color (it says in his ad) .

yeah the ad says it used to be black

I think that the car looks like crap, end of story

The Carfax for the car is clean, but with the alignment issues, it doesnt sound like it should be...

LUCA went with me to check it out, she has pictures of the problems I listed. I'll try to find out if she uploaded them yet.

Supposedly has a built motor with forged pistons. If the motor was any good and built right (prob not with everything else) plus supercharger it would almost be a good buy to part out and keep the good stuff.

So what's wrong with this picture? :rolleyes:

Either a SVT cluster with the wrong V6 overlays, or a V6 cluster with white overlays. Either way, I would never trust the mileage to be accurate.

i-4.JPG

the whole gauge cluster is wrong except for temp and fuel. The mph only go to 130 on this car, SVT goes to 160. It really ticks me off when people butcher cars like these and try to fool the people that love them.

yeah the ad says it used to be black

I think that the car looks like crap, end of story

The Carfax for the car is clean, but with the alignment issues, it doesnt sound like it should be...

sometimes that carfax dosnt show. my old car was in 3 wrecks and they didnt show up on the carfax. 2 of them should have totaled it.

I don't trust the mileage either. The car looks to have more wear on it than the mileage suggests.

I couldn't believe the tires. :crazy: The car was out of inpection by 9 months.

The ad states that the car is in excellant condition, I think they were looking at a different car when that was written. :shocked: :blackeye:

The paint just was :censored: There were globs of paint on the side mirrors and other body panels that you could just brake off. :confused:

I'll work on the pictures in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back