• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Upgraded Camber Plates

Status
Not open for further replies.
scratch black fever

scratch black fever

i've got a fever. and the only prescription is more... camber plates?!?

one set of scratched black please. paypal forthcoming.

EDIT: forgive me. i'm operating on two hours of sleep...

i've got a fever. and the only prescription is more... camber plates?!?

one set of scratched black please. paypal forthcoming.

EDIT: forgive me. i'm operating on two hours of sleep...

I gotta have more cowbell.. I will send as soon as payment is received.

I will be away starting Friday for a week, so I will not be able to ship anything received after Friday until July 9th, and I will likely not have access to a computer either. If I receive payement today, I can ship tomorrow morning.

Nightcat and shaunboogie2468 - plates are in the mail. This is the first set I have done in Ford dark blue - came out great.

DSC05900.jpg

I had the plates installed when I got an alignment last week. They were the very thing I needed! The tech installed them on top of the rubber mounts on each side. He said that my camber kit should have come with the plates originally, because without them, there was nothing against which to tighten the strut nuts! :crazy:

Update.. still going.

New ones:

Peter L - Black Shipped
SQLSVT - Black Shipped
SPREBOUND - Bare - Shipped

I am once again out of black plates. I am in the process of moving, so it may be a couple of weeks before I get set up again. Still have plates left though.

Damn! I need to replace the upper strut mounts and if you had black ones...I'd be able to do this all at once!

Any chance you might have a picture of the bare ones installed on a car?

Last edited:
Damn looksl ike ur missing some stuff. If you look at the ones for sale on BAT theres come with alot more than just that upper plate.

Update.. still going.

New ones:

Peter L - Black Shipped
SQLSVT - Black Shipped
SPREBOUND - Bare - Shipped

I am once again out of black plates. I am in the process of moving, so it may be a couple of weeks before I get set up again. Still have plates left though.

PAYPAL SENT FOR BLACK - if its easier though, will take a red set if you ahve them in stock ready to ship!

I paypaled on september 30th, and havent received these yet. Any idea when they will be coming my way? Almost 2 months?!

*was contacted by seller, everything is still OK!

Last edited:
Not even that...the plates that come in the BAT kit flex under load like they weren't meant to be put on. This causes the nut to loosen when the shock compresses and decompresses...not a good thing. I put the new plates on and I no longer hear any creaking and I don't have to worry about my plates coming off...

Not even that...the plates that come in the BAT kit flex under load like they weren't meant to be put on. This causes the nut to loosen when the shock compresses and decompresses...not a good thing. I put the new plates on and I no longer hear any creaking and I don't have to worry about my plates coming off...

Same here! Until last month... :(

BTW, I attached the instructions for the camber kit install, should anybody need 'em.

Attachments

• BAT Camber Kit.pdf
    18.3 KB · Views: 0
I am finally back up and running again with these, although my stock is starting to run out. I have a couple of black sets ready to ship, as well as bare sets. Anything else requires a couple of days, but should be fairly quick turn around.

I recently moved and had to rewire my garage for the powdercoating operation which took a lot longer than planned. Somehow other projects in the house got priority over the garage initally :). Things are now back to good once again.

HolyRollerzC3 and Schattastic SVT - Sorry about the delay - I appreciate your pateince! You caught me right in the middle of the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back