• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Upgraded Camber Plates

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVTforme

CEG'er
Just pulling this through to the new forums..

Lots of sets left - black and bare plates ship immediately after payment received.

Group buy on the updated camber plates for the SPC camber plate kit. These are twice as thick as the SPC plates, and will not bend or deform like the originals tend to do. These are a PRT design (pole120), with an honorable mention going out to Thinkmoto. These are basically the same plates that were offered a while back in this post. I am offering a powdercoating service in this package as well - there should be more than enough colors available to keep everyone happy. The pricing for the bare plates also remains unchanged from the previous run.

Pricing for a set (2 plates) is:

For the US:

Bare Machined: $40
Powdercoated Black: $50
Powdercoated Color of Choice - Specialty Colors Click here for color charts: $55
Add $3 for Hi-Tech or Iridescent colors (use above link) since they involve multi stage colors and curing process.

For the Canucks:

Bare Machined: $50
Powdercoated Black: $60
Powdercoated Color of Choice - Specialty Colors Click here for color charts: $65
Add $3 for Hi-Tech or Iridescent colors (use above link) since they involve multi stage colors and curing process.

These prices include shipping. Please note for custom colors - Slightly longer lead time as I have to do on a per order basis, and this assumes that I have the color in stock.

Please PM me for Paypal details.

Please include your shipping information and your CEG screen name. If you want them powdercoated, clearly state the color you would like based on the color selections here. For additional information please PM or email me. I can also provide sample images of actual powdercoated parts (if I have done the colors) if anyone is curious what the colors look like. I will keep this post updated with a list as purchases are confirmed, and as they are paid for.

contour_camber_plate.jpg

contour_camber_plate_installed.jpg

camber_plates_pc.jpg

Here is a list of plates thus far..

Paid/Shipped:
Checkered'd SVT - Bare (Shipped)
incubusjunkie614 - Black (Shipped)
JEDsContour - Black x2 (Shipped)
SkyRyder - Bare (Shipped)
Rikenbomb (NECO) - Black (Shipped)
sonza68 - Black (Shipped)
GI8U2racing - Black (Shipped)
contourSVT11 - Black (Shipped)
Shamun - Black (Shipped)
88SVT - Black (Shipped)
mysticalillusion - Black (Shipped)
RG - Red (Shipped)
SVT SNOB - Black (Shipped)
Dino Macri - Red (Shipped)

Interested once upon a time..

SVT SNOB one more..
MapOfTaziFoSho
starjammir
bensenvill
ohsigmachi
White99SE

Craig,

I'll take a set in black. I figure it might be easiest if we meet up for lunch or something instead of shipping, lol.

Chris - Let me know when you want them and I will powdercoat a red set for you (in the meantime - I need to order some more red.).

Rara - Lunch sounds good. Have to catch up on the times. We'll hit up Broncos :).

8000RPM - Well they really don't improve handling - they improve a kit make by SPC. Their kit has thin plates that will actually bend slightly when they are loaded excessively. While they don't bend a lot - they bend enough to reduce the bolt preload on the strut which can cause the nut to back off which can throw your alignment off. These plates are thicker which help to prevent this.

No, you must already be using the SPC camber adjustment kit to use these. They replace a piece on that kit, you stock strut mount does not have this piece. The SPC kit is to correct the camber on a lowered car.

And camber isnt a thing or part, its one of the measurable angles your tires stand at.

Powerdercoated..

Powerdercoated..

I have black and bare ones sitting ready to ship - any custom color orders are on a per order basis (I can powdercoat in a day and ship a day or two later).

I just ran out of red so I need to order some more, but that should only take a day or two to get. Chris - if you want red, I can have them in the mail sometime this week.. I will place an order for powder today. I can ship from Canada so they won't take too long to get to you.

Craig, I just read the post above, and didn't notice that I still have to purchase the remainder of the camber kit from SPC or BAT. Once I know when I can get the camber kits, I'll contact you regarding the plates.

Thanks.

I got mine off ebay as well - best price by far at the time. I just checked and I do not see them on there anymore. I will have to see if I can dig up the buyers ID and see if they still offer them.

What the install like on these camber plates? Do you need to drop the strut/spring to install? I have Koni/Coilover combo.

Group Buy Update

Group Buy Update

Update:

Paid/Shipped:
Checkered'd SVT - Bare (Shipped)
incubusjunkie614 - Black (Shipped)
JEDsContour - Black x2 (Shipped)
SkyRyder - Bare (Shipped)
Rikenbomb (NECO) - Black (Shipped)
sonza68 - Black (Shipped)
GI8U2racing - Black (Shipped)
contourSVT11 - Black (Shipped)