• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

TX Meet

i would be happy just going to like a show-n-shine around the DFW area, just meet up and check everyone's rides and maybe grab some food and maybe go on a cruise.....

I'd come if it was in DFW sometime after March. I'd have to bring the Jetta though. SVT is the Michigan car...

North Dallas here. I live in Carrollton, grew up in Richardson, work in N. Dallas (LBJ/75) I'd be up for a show sometime as well!

whats up guys..i live in kyle tx, which is about 10 south of austin..i drive a 99 black SVT..it would be awesome if we met up to check out each others rides and whatnot..let me know whats up..

I know the weather is getting nicer. I will be down for something here pretty soon. Get give me a heads up so that i can get off of work. Maybe early march??

that would be awesome..the only guy i knew with a CSVT down here moved to Abiline about 4 years ago...but yeah man hopefully we'll get something organized..

There's an informal show-what-you-brung saturday nights at Keller's Hamburgers. It's a '60s style drive in over on Northwest highway and Abrams in Dallas over by White Rock Lake. Usually the crowd there tends to be the typical muscle era cars but there are on occasion groups there as well. I think a couple years ago a CSVT group was there. I used to show off my old Pontiac 6000-STE and people would always ask questions about it as it was relatively rare. Just don't show up in a riced out Honda or you will get laughed at.

A cruise could be fun, esp. down in the Hill country area between Waco and Austin on 281 or some other side road. I-35 is too crowded and crazy for anything else.

this is something that we need to do, its already organized, just gotta get people to go, anyone not in the DFW area willing to drive here one saturday afternoon and meet up that night at this place?

Last edited:
I was on one cruse to the Drive-In Movie theater just north of Ennis last year. It was a lot of fun. we might could do that one saturday evening as well.

the Galaxy Drive-In? ive had a few good memories there......that would be cool to just take over the lot with SVT's, or just nice contours/stiques

Yeah! Couldn't think of the name, thanks!

There's also a drive-in in Granbury as well, The Brazos, but the Galaxy is bigger and nicer and has better picture as they use an actual movie projector rather than an LCD projector better suited for a presentation in a boardroom. Sound is better as well.

Guess I'd better get to replacing the speakers in the 'tour as half of them don't work (blown or bad coils) to give the factory radio a chance at making something other than noise.

Yeah man im always in San Marcos..i go to school there..but yeah like SVTLAY said we can see whats up when the weather is a litter nicer..it seems to flip flop every week.

ha! yeah man..i guess you've seen me around..do you drive yours to school? its my only ride so i kinda have to...i really dont know san marcos that well..

I keep seeing a blk svt in the arboretum area in north austin. Anyone on here? Btw went for a drive to lime creek this past weekend and the weather was so nice it was an awesome drive. To bad was with girl cause she didn't let me go to fast cause she gets scared.

i'm in NE OK and wud be interested in a southcentral meet as long as we can plan in with plenty of notice..for work and such!

Hey name ruben im new to ceg and live in san antonio, tx drive 99 se contour. I think it be really cool if there were a tx meet around here there some svt I see drvinin around so I look forward if there be a tx meet

Not to steal anyones Thunder, but I'm a new CSVT Owner, I also have a Marauder, and we do an annual meet in Centerville, at Ft Boggy state park once a year and every Marauder club in the state (some from LA and OK too) comes out for a day in the park, a picnic lunch, etc.

Centerville seems to be a reasonably even distance for everyone and the park is rarely crowded but has plenty of picnic space, and lots of shade.

Maybe we could have a Joint Marauder/Contique Meet? We're all Ford products so I think it would be kinda cool.

Just thought I'd throw it out. We did ours last year in Later October....

Heres a video of the meet last year. We ended up eating at Woodys, then went to the park for an open hood oogling!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=V7ysNOgiKPI

Back