• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

TX Meet

For as big of a state as this is there really aren't that many ceg'ers down here. However, if it was conceived I think it would turn out pretty well...maybe...possibly...who knows?

If something does materialize there might be two in attendance from the beautiful panhandle though.

It suprises me how Texas is a big state and there doesn't seem to be a large number of members on here.

There usually isn't much activity going on in South Central.

Last edited:
You would probably have to organize something larger than just a lunch get together in order to get TX members all in one place. However, if you did you might even be able to draw in a few of the Oklahoma members too(Maybe even LA...). If I had to travel for something it would have to be pretty well thought out and either in the DFW area or maybe even close to Austin. Even so, best possible scenario might be only around 15 attendees.

Bruce and I set up a meet in the Austin area.. we had about 10-11 people show up.. some from Houston, some from the Dallas area.. a few from south of Austin.. all over really.

Starting in New Braunfels, we drove a nice scenic and SVT-biased route through the Devil's Backbone, stopping at the scenic overlook at the peak, then on to San Marcos for some good food and great Margarita's at "Grins" (the long-founded diner/college eatery next to the University)

about 5 hours of total hangout time and it was worth it!

if there were another meet in the Austin are i would show.... really almost anywhere in TX, LA, or OK i would try to go....just depends on when it was

Last edited:
I would be willing to have a tx meet but probably after the holidays since work is so crazy right now. I still remember the dallas meet a while back and it was lots of fun!

I like how the Dallas meet was organized. There was something to do for everybody. Dyno,Drag,go-carts,cruise night,eats,show n shine,and auto x.

Bruce and I set up a meet in the Austin area.. we had about 10-11 people show up.. some from Houston, some from the Dallas area.. a few from south of Austin.. all over really.

Starting in New Braunfels, we drove a nice scenic and SVT-biased route through the Devil's Backbone, stopping at the scenic overlook at the peak, then on to San Marcos for some good food and great Margarita's at "Grins" (the long-founded diner/college eatery next to the University)

about 5 hours of total hangout time and it was worth it!

That was fun.:cool:

I might be interested in a meet. Maybe something up in the hill country come early spring time or something. I used to go to the Fun Ford Weekend events at in Houston (HRP) and Ennis back when I had the stang. Although a long ways away, maybe some kind of meet at FFW, Ennis which is next October if I remember correctly. This next early summer would be out of the question for me with the wife expecting twins scheduled to arrive early June.

Last edited:
If your were to try and set something up, may I suggest you collaborate with the NECO cougar guys. If I remember correctly they're fairly more active than we are. In the austin area atleast *If I remember correctly*.

Back