• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Turbo about 90% done

I agree with stazi, the gauge that I pay most attention to in my hybrid is my oil pressure due to the...well you know problems with hybrids.

Same here and now that I'm here in the dirty souf I'll be adding an oil temp gauge also.

Little do you realize that this part of the "souf" wasn't dirty until you got here! :p:p:p:p:laugh:

And how utterly gaytastical does that sound.
Turbo still = yum.

ghey.jpg

Oh, I wish I still had the video of ov3n's Cougar just after we did the 3L swap and the fuel rail started spewing gas all over the starter as it was being cranked. Good Times. :)

Double-check everything before you start rolling!

Last edited:
That would be why smart people prime the fuel lines first and check them before starting the car.

If you click your car from off to on it runs the fuel pump for a short burst. Do that a couple times and you can check for fuel leaks relatively safely.

That would be why smart people prime the fuel lines first and check them before starting the car.

If you click your car from off to on it runs the fuel pump for a short burst. Do that a couple times and you can check for fuel leaks relatively safely.

but there is no fun in that.

I know about priming the lines, as did Thinkmoto. He told ov3n to wait before starting it, but I think Nick was too excited/nervous/whatever.

Back