• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Turbo about 90% done

You should make a piece of sheet metal to block off the fuse box from the turbo to reduce some heat. turbos looking good man.

Might not be a bad idea to put a hat on the turbo.

turb_custom_pic.jpg

Might not be a bad idea to put a hat on the turbo.

I bought one for mine, it is excellant quality and i highly recommend it. they are the best quality you can get for the price! turbo blankets can get pricey.

VSRacing.....they are $135 big ones, but i am a turbomustangs member and they give a discount to members $115 out the door.

here is a pic..mine is black!
92.jpg

Got a couple parts I needed today. So I'm going to get working on it. I'll take pics tonight.

00toursvt, are there any pics you want in particular?

Got a couple parts I needed today. So I'm going to get working on it. I'll take pics tonight.

00toursvt, are there any pics you want in particular?

hey thanks, i would be interested in seeing your oil drain line install at the pan and turbo. also, where you tied in all your vacuum lines. and if possible, your install of the tap at the head for the oil supply. if there is too much stuff in the way for a good pic, don't worry about it, i don't want you to go thru too much trouble. i am installing my clutch this weekend and then the next weekend goes on the kit (if i can throw enough miles on the clutch).

this is all greatly appreciated, thanks again, get that thing done!:cool:

hey thanks, i would be interested in seeing your oil drain line install at the pan and turbo. also, where you tied in all your vacuum lines. and if possible, your install of the tap at the head for the oil supply. if there is too much stuff in the way for a good pic, don't worry about it, i don't want you to go thru too much trouble. i am installing my clutch this weekend and then the next weekend goes on the kit (if i can throw enough miles on the clutch).

this is all greatly appreciated, thanks again, get that thing done!:cool:

ha.

haha.

HAHAHAHHAHHA.

here we go again....

more pix the better rawburt, probably will be passing the info to my mechanic just as a fyi if he needs.

is it running yet? i am curious if you have tried the tune supplied with the kit (if so in fact this is the option you took)

-a

ha.

haha.

HAHAHAHHAHHA.

here we go again....

please, we all know where it was pan was tapped, where the supply is taken, and so on. i, and possible others, am wanting to see his routing of his tubing and fitting arrangement. this will allow me to take some of the trial and error work out of installation and help me get it done faster.

Good Work Rawburt!

When you are ready for the tunefile you will just need to PM me or email me the pertinent details of your engine size along with your PCM code.
Obviously I know the turbo but if you opted for any non-standard items such as larger injectors or a different MAF I'll need to know that.
I'll build the tune file to match.

Tom, I have been in contact with joey about the xcal. Unless he calls me tonight, which I'm sure he wont. We'll be taking care of all that stuff tomorrow.

Oil drain. Tap it whereever you want. this is where I tapped mine and havent verified how it works yet. The goop around it is jb weld. Bit chipped a little off the surface of the pan when drilling so I jb weled around the fitting.

DCFC0548.jpg

DCFC0548.jpg

This is how joey explained it to me, I'm hoping I have it right. If not its an easy fix. The hose on the right side of the pic goes back to the UIM.

DCFC0545.jpg

DCFC0545.jpg

Oil drain. Tap it whereever you want. this is where I tapped mine and havent verified how it works yet. The goop around it is jb weld. Bit chipped a little off the surface of the pan when drilling so I jb weled around the fitting.

*pic*

isn't the drain gravity feed?

if so the way you currently have it the oil will want to stay in the hose and not return to the oil pan since the hose runs lower down then the fitting ... if you compair to the pic burritasvt posted it runs straight down to the pan ...

Back