• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Turbo 2.5, Turbo 3L, and Stock STI

Let it go man, just let it go. It means nothing. There has been way worse conversations going on recently that has been over looked.

Hey ryan--- When are you taking the stazmobile to the track?

I am just razzing him. We like doing that to eachother. :laugh:

No track lets you start from a roll :crazy:

There you go with the assumptions. Obviously speeking of things you do not know for sure. Not even as hour drive from my house is a 1/4 track owned by John Hennessey of Hennessey Motorsports. If you know anything about him or his company, you will know his company has always catered to Vipers, Vetts, Supras, etc. The kinds of cars people with to much money dump ungodly amount of cash into to make mega hp street cars. Since the majority of his clients make the cars more for roll racing, he decided to create "events" at his track for it. They have some class where cars do blasts of 60-130 mph.

http://www.lonestarmotorsportspark.com/page.php?id=5

Now, care to make that statement again?

300bmo1.png

There you go with the assumptions. Obviously speeking of things you do not know for sure. Not even as hour drive from my house is a 1/4 track owned by John Hennessey of Hennessey Motorsports. If you know anything about him or his company, you will know his company has always catered to Vipers, Vetts, Supras, etc. The kinds of cars people with to much money dump ungodly amount of cash into to make mega hp street cars. Since the majority of his clients make the cars more for roll racing, he decided to create "events" at his track for it. They have some class where cars do blasts of 60-130 mph.

http://www.lonestarmotorsportspark.com/page.php?id=5

Now, care to make that statement again?

Wasn't there a motivational poster with the a hennessy viper falling part from a launch? :laugh:

from a dead stop, a moped will take a 3L turbo:laugh:. i tried a number of times last week to see what my 0-60 time was. i couldn't even break 6.0secs:nonono:. the greatest strength of FI'd tours is from 30-80m/h. STI from a dead stop for sure. 3l from rolling, hands down.

Last edited:
I agree, a 3l turbo even only at 8psi has no traction from a stop. Imagine at 14psi:rolleyes: , thats why when I go to the track I will be at low boost till 3rd gear then flip the switch to 14psi and not worry about traction after that.

I would highly suggest it. I only put it on high boost when racing or dyno. For when I am driving it just tooling around town which is very rare its on low boost. Shoot this past weekend was the first time I drove it in over 2 weeks.

i tried a number of times last week to see what my 0-60 time was. i couldn't even break 6.0secs:nonono:.

i was doing some 0-60 pulls this weekend and run i blew up the zetec on, my scan gauge says i did 0-60 in .2 Seconds. quickest Contour EVAR:crazy::laugh::laugh:

I don't have a turbo'd 3l much less just a 3l but what would happen if you tried to dump the clutch in 2nd from a high rpm(say 4,000)....?

I don't know what it would do in a 3l turbo.... my car would probably lurch, sputter at low rpms for a few seconds then accelerate like normal.

Assuming you have an aftermarket Diff, and it doesn't break.

clutch in...
revs to 4K
dump clutch

spin, spin, spin, spin,spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spinspinspinspinspinspinspinspinspinspinspin, rev-limiter(or blown engine if you don't have a rev-limiter)

shift to 3rd...

spin, spin, spin, spin,spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spinspinspinspinspinspinspinspinspinspinspin, rev-limiter(or blown engine if you don't have a rev-limiter)

repeat the process until you finally get moving and the race is already over for the other car.

clutch in...
revs to 4K
dump clutch

shift to 3rd...

repeat the process until you finally get moving and the race is already over for the other car.

:laugh:. pretty much. its not sumthn i'd ever try. not worth the risk if u ask me.

clutch in...
revs to 4K
dump clutch

shift to 3rd...

I have done that......

in the snow.

clutch in...
revs to 4K
dump clutch

shift to 3rd...

Yes I agree 100%, start in first and be done with it, your gonna spin anyway, thats unavoidable I think.

Has anyone with a turbo tried a splitter? I'm curious about 1/4 mile times with and without a splitter.. like the Mirko one. I'm assuming it *may* begin helping with traction once you get over 50mph or so... which is the reason I'm getting one.

I doubt it will help with anything but looks. I have a splitter on mine but this weekend will be the first time I will take it to the track.

Back