• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Topshop hoods

Topshop hoods

Votes: 37 37.0%

Votes: 4 4.0%

Votes: 3 3.0%

Votes: 17 17.0%

Votes: 3 3.0%

Votes: 4 4.0%

Votes: 8 8.0%

Votes: 13 13.0%

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 10 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
NACA duct = stupid

Increase the stock bulge and you have a hood that's got a little something extra and some extra clearance without looking like one of bagged's cracked out midgets.

NACA duct = stupid

Increase the stock bulge and you have a hood that's got a little something extra and some extra clearance without looking like one of bagged's cracked out midgets.

hey leave my midgets out of this:nonono: :laugh:

Eamples of Hood 3

Eamples of Hood 3

I made this hood a while back when i painted and put a AAS kit on my contour. (Molded Kit and Primered since) It would look good professionally made, especially in carbon fiber. I hope this might help people consider hood 2 more :cool:
2971378_2.jpg

2971378_1.jpg
2971378_3.jpg
2971378_4.jpg

Eamples of Hood 2

Eamples of Hood 2

I made this hood a while back when i painted and put a AAS kit on my contour. (Molded Kit and Primered since) It would look good professionally made, especially in carbon fiber. I hope this might help people consider hood 2 more :cool:
2971378_2.jpg

2971378_1.jpg
2971378_3.jpg
2971378_4.jpg

Actually, I think seeing that on a contour solidified the fact that I don't like it. Doesn't flow at all.

It looked better in when it was painted the primer doesn't do it any justice :bah:
It had some functionality i actually modified it to drop the airflow over the filter. Used the old air filter top and some pipe insulation to do it. (4 cylinder)
Not sure on this, but i thought the flow might keep the engine bay a little cooler. (sorry about double post)

NACA duct = stupid

Quoted for its undeniable truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barge
"NACA duct = stupid

Increase the stock bulge and you have a hood that's got a little something extra and some extra clearance without looking like one of bagged's cracked out midgets"

funny_2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks LilCe didnt you start the whole poll??? Nice to see you are on top of things...

Im in with you...Patience sucks I want a hood now....and money too:nonono:

- amyn

Thanks LilCe didnt you start the whole poll??? Nice to see you are on top of things...

Im in with you...Patience sucks I want a hood now....and money too:nonono:

- amyn

Yeah that's me even though I'm finding it hard to get responses from TopShop. I guess the hood is on their back burner:cry:

Ok ladies and gents. I just received a PM from Tony from TopShop. Here it is

Now if we do make a mold we will have to decide if you guys want the duct or not. The cowl part would not be a problem. I think the best thing we could do is make the hood with the cowl and if we can make just a mold for the duct so a guy can just cut it and glue it in. How many people do you have for the cowl hood without duct? We would like to see at least 20 people paid before making a expensive mold. These hood sould be vacuum injected so the carbon fiber is 100% air bubble free and really light and strong. Prices would be around for the cowl hood with rolled edgeswith a black bottom side And you would not need hood pins

500.00 plus 150-190 shipping CF
300.00 plus 150-190 shipping FG

Just to clarify. The design that was sent to Topshop was the cowl hood with the NACA duct. I guess we can start an official group buy, or we can start a list up. This is our chance for a hood guys. Lets get this started :cool:

Ok ladies and gents. I just received a PM from Tony from TopShop. Here it is

Just to clarify. The design that was sent to Topshop was the cowl hood with the NACA duct. I guess we can start an official group buy, or we can start a list up. This is our chance for a hood guys. Lets get this started :cool:

Perfect, Ill be in once I get the tax refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back