• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

To get to regular forums.. and beyond

Well newbie...SZ is what brings in income to help support this site. Which is the reason why your able to post on here.:rolleyes:
If nobody went to SZ this site would go under because they wouldn't be able to accumulate wealth to pay the bills.

So it's important that people attend this event!!

LOL, That's a good one!

-Andy

could just have a little thing called a donation box let people donate like 5, 10, 15, etc. dollars and give them a little badge under their name people will donate and then the forum wont have to be ruled by SZ

could just have a little thing called a donation box let people donate like 5, 10, 15, etc. dollars and give them a little badge under their name people will donate and then the forum wont have to be ruled by SZ

Oh it's not ruled by SZ...SZ is a huge contributor to the ceg bank though :)

But anyone can donate to ceg at anytime....(IMHO)they are just trimming the site because they want more people to take notice of the event and maybe get more people to come.:shrug:

Oh it's not ruled by SZ...SZ is a huge contributor to the ceg bank though :)

But anyone can donate to ceg at anytime....(IMHO)they are just trimming the site because they want more people to take notice of the event and maybe get more people to come.:shrug:

i get that it makes money for the site and that trimming back does very obviously make people take notice of SZ and all of the festivities but at the same time making everything more difficult for the not so fortunate members stuck at home... dont get me wrong the site is awesome and a great place for info but if i were to visit this site for the first time durring one of these trimmings i would find another site. this is the only contour/cougar/mondeo/focus forum i am a member of and as of now this is the only thing i have to complain about (well not even really complain cause it dont bother me) how about making a page that loads everytime someone logs in over the SZ weekend then make a link to the SZ forum right in plain sight and lower in the page make link to the regular forums its not quite as intrusive but still effective? just a thought lol

i get that it makes money for the site and that trimming back does very obviously make people take notice of SZ and all of the festivities but at the same time making everything more difficult for the not so fortunate members stuck at home... dont get me wrong the site is awesome and a great place for info but if i were to visit this site for the first time durring one of these trimmings i would find another site. this is the only contour/cougar/mondeo/focus forum i am a member of and as of now this is the only thing i have to complain about (well not even really complain cause it dont bother me) how about making a page that loads everytime someone logs in over the SZ weekend then make a link to the SZ forum right in plain sight and lower in the page make link to the regular forums its not quite as intrusive but still effective? just a thought lol
your only real other choice is FCO and well.......... I am not going to comment lol

this is a joke;..............it is funny; roll with it.
It was mildly amusing the first six hours. And I use the term "mildly" VERY loosely.
(IMHO)they are just trimming the site because they want more people to take notice of the event and maybe get more people to come.:shrug:
Bull:censored::censored::censored::censored:. If someone isn't there already, they aren't going. In my eyes it just seems like a big ":censored::censored::censored::censored: you" to those that aren't there.

I think a link in the SZ section to the main page would be in order.

That way SZ gets is highlighting, but the rest of the site is still functional/accessable.

Specifically, I need to review my Classified posts...

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=3 this will take you to the general section...

I didn't change it, I was jsut bored and figured I would post some of the links to the other parts of the forums!

I think a link in the SZ section to the main page would be in order.

That way SZ gets is highlighting, but the rest of the site is still functional/accessable.

Specifically, I need to review my Classified posts...

:shrug:

Yeah whats going on???

What happened to the old forum setup? I cant find anything but the Spring Zing. Where are the classifieds???

Is it down for maintenance or something?

When will it be back to how it was 3 days ago??????

Yeah whats going on???

What happened to the old forum setup? I cant find anything but the Spring Zing. Where are the classifieds???

Is it down for maintenance or something?

When will it be back to how it was 3 days ago??????

Did you read anything?

I might as well be considerate to the current forum users and bump this back up to the top, since it hasn't even been sticky'd yet.

this is a joke; the powers that be are taunting the rest of us that cannot make it to SZ; it is funny; roll with it.
A joke that needs explaining is not funny, and thus is not actually a joke. Had this been executed with even minimal forethought (i.e. an easy and obvious way back into the "real" main forums page directly from the current "spring zing" main forums page) it might have actually worked out as a "joke".

...Anything that is worth doing, is worth doing well.

Did you read anything?

Yes I did read above but NOT every post in this thread because I'm a very busy guy! Smartasses like you are why I don't care for "car internet forums"! If we were in person & I asked the same question (which I should remind, is still not answered) you would not act like that.

Thanks SO MUCH 4 the help, buddy! It's so greatly appreciated!

Yes I did read above but NOT every post in this thread because I'm a very busy guy! Smartasses like you are why I don't care for "car internet forums"! If we were in person & I asked the same question (which I should remind, is still not answered) you would not act like that.

Its the weekend of Spring Zing. Basically its the Carlisle of MI...(only more booze and fun, as we can all see)...if you will think of it like that. This is a little "joke" that everyone who has been on this fourm for quite sometime would understand. (seeing your join date is Feb 09., im guessing you dont really have a FULL knowledge of SZ).

just SEARCH and you'll find the rest of the fourms...its not that hard really.

He did help you...He told you what to do. So go back and read it!:nonono:

Its the weekend of Spring Zing. Basically its the Carlisle of MI...(only more booze and fun, as we can all see)...

Considering just how much time some people at SZ are spending on here telling us how hiding the forums is a funny joke, I'd say that's questionable.

As someone took the time to make a "Drunk SZ Post" thread, though, the booze part certainly isn't. :eek:

Comparing Spring Zing to Carlisle is an EPIC FAIL.

how is it "EPIC FAIL"? maybe "fail" all i was stating is they are both gatherings for Contour owners. each of them have pros/cons. i could go on and on, but i wont.

He did help you...He told you what to do. So go back and read it!:nonono:

No, he did not help in any way, shape or form. So thanks for your input but with the help of a prolly much older & mature member, I found what I was looking for thanks!

I just dont understand why forum users have to be such smartass's on these forums (not just here). The best car forum and most polite people I've ever met are on www.rs25.com from when I had my 98 2.5 RS. Some CEG members should read thru that forum and see how they treat EVERYONE from a 1st day user to a mod with the same amount of respect!

MY 2 cents!!!

Back