• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Long Rubber Roof Pieces???

96RedSE5Sp

Hard-core CEG'er
Anyone know what these are called? They are on each side of the roof, just above the doors and run the entire length of the roof from front to back.

Mine are completely fried and useless.

Can these be bought used in good condition or would I have to go new?

Does anyone have current contact info for Bill Jenkins?

Thanks for the link.

Do these drip moldings do anything? Mine are completely shot, but what would happen if I DID just remove them?

Thanks for the link.

Do these drip moldings do anything? Mine are completely shot, but what would happen if I DID just remove them?

they fill in the the area between the roof and the frame around the door. kinda asethetic I suppose, but that is where alot of water flows from off the windshield

they fill in the the area between the roof and the frame around the door. kinda asethetic I suppose, but that is where alot of water flows from off the windshield

Correct. If they aren't there, you can get some water flowing onto the sides of your car along you windows. I suppose it can't be too noticeable, though...

OK, I ordered them and got them already. They set me back about $90

Anyone know how to install them? I'm guessing I need some sort of adhesive.

OK, I ordered them and got them already. They set me back about $90

Anyone know how to install them? I'm guessing I need some sort of adhesive.

For $90,I think i'm just going to take mine out and place a silicon coating on top of them. That way i can smooth them out and make them look black again.
If ti doesn't work out well, i guess i will buy a new set.

The reason why I sprang for a new set is because this is the type of item which is likely to be discontinued soon by Ford and which would be very hard to obtain used from a junkyard.

Properly cared for they should last for the remaining life of imy car and I know I will kick myself if I let it slide fro now and don;t get them new from Ford while they're still available.

Back