• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Time for Dyno signup

1.Brett (no comments )
2.Pudmunkie
3.Pole120 (with air/fuel)
4.fornetti14
5.Buckshot77
6.SHOgoFast

1.Brett (no comments )
2.Pudmunkie
4.fornetti14
5.Buckshot77
6.SHOgoFast
7. ViggenPower (I'll bring a few A/F Controllers if everyone welds in their own BUNG!)

-Tim :cool:

Well, you did cut several of us out when you moved away from the AWD dyno, remember....

If you move back to an AWD dyno as originally planned, I think you'll see those numbers go up a bit. :shrug:

I nor does anyone else want to deal with the shop that has the AWD dyno. The guy is shady and a hack! I will not ruin my reputation as head of SZ by taking people to a facility like that!:mad: Plus the fact that this is primarily a Contour event.

Todd, what does the dyno look like? is it underground so it will be easy to get the severely low cars onto it?

Im sure you and mike can add yourself to the list, worldtour, burrita, stoobie, there are more people that probably want to do it but its still a couple months away

I nor does anyone else want to deal with the shop that has the AWD dyno. The guy is shady and a hack! I will not ruin my reputation as head of SZ by taking people to a facility like that!:mad: Plus the fact that this is primarily a Contour event.

Ahh, I didn't know there was an issue with the owner. That clears things up a bit.

As for the 'primarily Contour' thing, Spring Zing has been a "bring whatever" event since its inception by Mike McCue back in '98 or '99, whichever year it was. Although, I do notice that I seem to be the lone voice reminding people every year. It would be a shame to lose that quality, since we all have such a good time together as "car guys", not "Contour guys".

I've always referred to myself as a troll at the meets more as a joke, but hey - if everyone would prefer that it be a Contour event, I guess majority rules.

As for the 'primarily Contour' thing, Spring Zing has been a "bring whatever" event since its inception by Mike McCue back in '98 or '99, whichever year it was. Although, I do notice that I seem to be the lone voice reminding people every year. It would be a shame to lose that quality, since we all have such a good time together as "car guys", not "Contour guys".

It's always been more the merrier. But it doesn't usually turn out that way. How many trolls actually come with AWD? Hector, Kevin, Barge, Mikey Boy, and you. That's a very small percentage.

I guess not as many people enjoyed (as much as I did) hanging out at the dyno and seeing what everyone put down last year.

It's always been more the merrier. But it doesn't usually turn out that way. How many trolls actually come with AWD? Hector, Kevin, Barge, Mikey Boy, and you. That's a very small percentage.
But that bumps up the number to 12 instead of 7.:laugh:

Im still considering adding my name to the list, but idk if I'll have exhaust by then. I have never dynoed a car before either...

Im still considering adding my name to the list, but idk if I'll have exhaust by then. I have never dynoed a car before either...

what you really want to do is dyno your car before you modify it so you can see if you are making more power or less after other modifications ... so go for

1.Brett (no comments )
2.Pudmunkie
4.fornetti14
5.Buckshot77
6.SHOgoFast
7. ViggenPower (I'll bring a few A/F Controllers if everyone welds in their own BUNG!)
8. Frosty

I'll dyno just to see what she puts down

Back