• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Thought I share my new Product soon

so where exactly will it mount? ontop of the LIM? with adapter plates with a machined motor mount? trying to picture it.

could a aftercooler or heat exchanger be used also?

Last edited:
Here is a diagram of the SC of what the demision will allow me to do. The height is 5" on the SC it will be tilted about 45 degree from the head plane. This will allow me to keep the flow direction towards the lower intakes. I will build a valve cover that will allow me to remove the high points of any 3 liter that way I can maintain the low profile SC on the engine. Our car have the least hood to engine clearance of all the 3 liter duratec cars. If you ever noticed there is a location on the hood that is tuck up over the coll packs. I will have extra room if I need there. With my measurements I have about 7 inches of height total and I will be tilting it to take advantage of the rear area. The hardest part will be clearing the pulley from the components. I will maybe have to build a idler pulley that will have two belts drives so it can be ran off the rear side. I will construct the upper intake to maybe be built into two peices so I can switch out the two types of lower intakes. You will maintain the injector loacations and lower intakes on the car. I will have the ability later to add a after-cooler between the two. This setup will work on all cars but the pulley mounts maybe different on the front cover side corresponding to the car. I will also be adapting EGR, IAC , etc into the throttle spacer.
m62_sc_diagram.jpg

Wow, this is going to be a lot of modification. So you're going to be fabricating a custom UIM, Valve cover, bracket, and pulley positions!?! I'm going to be EXTREMELY impressed if you manage to do this and keep it under the price of the turbo. I'm rootin for ya here Joey, if there's anybody here that can make it happen it's you. And something I just noticed, I think changing the rear plugs just got a little harder.

Wow, this is going to be a lot of modification. So you're going to be fabricating a custom UIM, Valve cover, bracket, and pulley positions!?! I'm going to be EXTREMELY impressed if you manage to do this and keep it under the price of the turbo. I'm rootin for ya here Joey, if there's anybody here that can make it happen it's you. And something I just noticed, I think changing the rear plugs just got a little harder.

The valve cover will be a aluminum sheet metal it will have square edges and have a nice 1/4 flange as a base and top machines out. I am building the first one here and afterwards I am going to let my machine shop construct them. I will try to make the SC unbolt easy so that the spark plugs will take less then a hour to change. The upper intake system will be built with rectangular tubing and of course the plates will be flat 1/4- 3/8 plates. I am looking at the kit to be somewhere in the area of the turbo price but more for the AT and whoever wants to put it on the MTX and swap pulley and port it for instant boost. I still like the turbo for the cars but since there are more newer 3 liter cars and 70 percent of the cougars AT I want to sell more boostes systems.

You must be using turbo profit to fund other "pipe" dreams. :D

Misc-Mad_Props.jpg

Yeah Todd I am reinvesting the money I haven't put a cent in my pocket yet.

I am also put together a lower intake to that will have a upgraded fuel rail and will start up top as split ports and swedge down to the oval port with the injectors in the center. That will make 3.0 conversion 50 percent easier and less time.
Todd I love to construct things that most people think is not possible the challenge is all the fun in it.

Ok I've read through the post but I'm still not sure, is this being built for 3L's only?

The setup will work on all duratec engine I will have two different brackets for mazdas, fusions, escapes and Cougars/contours/mondeos.

I expect the price to be well worth it gains.....:)

So I shouldn't show my oval port LIM for an Eaton at this point. No problem then.

Are you hinting around DemonSVT because if you do have one in the LIM that was my first try but the custom fuel rails heads variations etc made the project more expensive alon with the motor mount issue.( that can't be removed unless you pull the heads) But I am looking to hit all car with a simple manifold swap.

Oh I also think that I will maintain the lower valve cover just cut off the tabs or use a taurus valve cover for the setup.

With the availablity of the two-piece snout extensions for the Eaton, it makes me wonder if mounting it near the battery would be much easier.:shrug:

A front mount would do nothing in this case. A true cold air intake is more of what you're looking for. For an Eaton the intercooler sits under the supercharger to provide cooling. I don't believe an air-air intercooler can be utilized and air-water is used in this situation.

thanks i was asking becuase we were wondering how to cool the air in my friends cobalt ss sc more effciently

You would basically be looking for something along the lines of this:

145_1.jpg

That is a small water/air setup for a GTP. The same company which that was sourced from makes products for the cobalt but I don't think that they have developed a cobalt specific intercooler as of yet.

Back