• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Check engine light

ok I removed the one under the car. It has a different conector. So I replaced the one on top. Thats the one that matched what I had Bosch 13115.
I hope that fixes eng light.
Shoud I see better MPG?

Yes it will. Glad you took the time and learned how to do this on your own.

Good job man!!!

Hey Thanks a lot.
Engine light is off runs good. I cleaned the MAF. Got the 02 sensor on ebay $15 delivered. So I pretty happy. Wanted to put in my new plugs to day too but.....

I am not much of a auto mechanic . When I pulled the plug wires to change the plugs I saw lots of oil. At first I thought this must just be something new and was about to change the plugs. Something told me go back in the house to CEG. Did a quick search and http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=36357&highlight=oil+plugs

So thats my next job. had to exchange the plugs for the valve gasket.

Hey Thanks a lot.
Engine light is off runs good. I cleaned the MAF. Got the 02 sensor on ebay $15 delivered. So I pretty happy. Wanted to put in my new plugs to day too but.....

I am not much of a auto mechanic . When I pulled the plug wires to change the plugs I saw lots of oil. At first I thought this must just be something new and was about to change the plugs. Something told me go back in the house to CEG. Did a quick search and http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=36357&highlight=oil+plugs

So thats my next job. had to exchange the plugs for the valve gasket.

You should get an award man. You searched and thats something people have a hard time doing.

ok I removed the one under the car. It has a different conector. So I replaced the one on top. Thats the one that matched what I had Bosch 13115.
I hope that fixes eng light.
Shoud I see better MPG?

sorry I didn't see your post yesterday. as you found out the upper and lower sensors have different connectors. the codes where for the upstream sensor, ie the one before the cat.

as others have said if this was a source of the problem your mpg will increase.

Back