• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The snow is on it's way!

Maybe I was just spoiled by the GForceT/A's which I would put against most other tires until it gets below 40 degrees. Then you may as well be Fred Flintstone with rocks on all four corners.

Maybe. I never tried the GForce T/A's but heard good things about them. The Conti's were on the car when I got it.

still waiting ....

It's on it's way. :)

starting to do freezing rain and sleet. so im hopnig no school tomarrow

That's what we are getting right now. I was out with the dogs getting pelted. :laugh:

There will be no school tomorrow, promise.

Oh boy ... I could say sumpin' :D !!!

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing. :D

i better not have school tomarrow

i got to sleep, do chicks, forget names

haha

in any order too.

by the way the snow really cleans my wheels really well

I loved my Blizzaks. Made the SVT almost unstoppable. Once I got the LSD installed, the SVT was unstoppable. Ever since I got the Impreza and now my newer one, the snow tires stay off the car and I get to play in the snow with the scooby! Actually, I just had Costco install KDWS, woo-woo! I loved my KDW's and now the all seasons are awesome! Too bad the snow/hail mix sucks, only about 1" of accumulation.

The GForce T/A KDW's came stock on most 2000 SVT's. Now that I have the Mustang for Auto-X and I have a set of wheels for winter tires instead of R compounds, I will get them again.

Actually, the 98 and 98.5 SVTs had Goodyear F1, OE and no longer made, IIRC, and the 99s and up got the KDW's.

KDW=Key Dry Wet
KDWS=Key Dry Wet Snow

KDW=98.5 SVT and now Pole Position S-03
KDWS=02 Impreza RS

Here in the "greater" ;) Reading area we are getting POUNDED by sleet & freezing rain - it's a mess . If you have similar stuff happening , be careful out there ! Watch out for the other guy ...

That's what we are getting right now also. :(
The sleet was pounding against the front bedroom window all night. :crazy:

Well, count yourself lucky if it looks nothing like up here, my car is so deep in the snow you can only see the top of the rims, it's covered to the ding gaurds in some places!

Yeah there's about 3-4 inches on the ground now. more in some spots...plus the coating of ice. for whatever reason there has been no plowing done yet.

it ain't that bad...i'm having trouble getting the 4WD in the exploder to engage (push button 4WD) and disengage. sigh..i just gotta get through this winter with that car!!!

Since it hasn't stopped yet , I haven't pulled out my trusty snow measuring device (read:yardstick) , but I'd say without question , there's 10"+ of snow/mess here right now . The plow truck finally went past the house about 10 minutes ago :mad: . This snow's VERY heavy & I can see I'll be shovelling out all my elderly neighbors once this all stops (snowblowers are useless w/this junk , so I'm told by several people who've tried today - not that I have one ;) ) . I guess I'll be missing work today :( .

** EDIT ** I wouldn't say that I'll be MISSING work ...

i hate our snow plowers they think since we live in a cultasac that we dont need to go anywhere? what the hell they plow everything else but ours!!!

Snow blowers arent useless. My neighbor just brought his over and cleared our driveway in 25 minutes. We havent had a plow truck go through since well we havent had one at all. Mall is closed, everywhere is closed. Im surprised work didnt try calling me in even though i am not going anywhere.

they're useless in that most retards aim the output back into the street. and cars driving down the street just push the snow back where it came from. if you aim it onto an area where the snow will stay, then it works as intended.

They plowed my street at 10:30 and haven't been back since. Typical of the morons that plow our roads. We don't get salt unless we call and ask for it. :shrug:
Looks like we're not getting mail either. :(

I guess I should call off from work tonight...I don't think I'll be making it. :laugh:

P2140017.jpg

I cleared 6 driveways with a 9 horsepower snowblower that doesn't **** around with snow and ice. Threw that **** 25 feet.

Thats what my neighbors snow blower is like. Gotta get me one of those. I bet we have no school tomorrow too. Luca dont worry, we havent had anyone plow our street yet. But the mail still came today.:shrug:

she's not afraid of living outside. i don't think she's spent a day in a garage in her life!

but seeing that garage in the background is just tormenting. i think i'd accidentally set fire to it.

I guess I should call off from work tonight...I don't think I'll be making it. :laugh:

P2140017.jpg

Back