• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The race car is finally home!

rwalton

Pole's Nemisis
Picked up the car this week. I had it repainted, straightened, and the rear wheel openings modified. The color turned out very cool, it is a Lexus pearl white with a satin clear. I have some assembly to do then back in action. Here are a couple of pictures more will come. Sorry I haven't even unloaded it yet.

2012-08-31 10.50.32&.jpg2012-08-31 10.42.54&.jpg

Rob

How did you modify the wheel openings? I'm very curious to hear details and see pictures of what you had done. Looks good so far!

Really white? You bastard! Doesnt really look satin tho. Can you take more pictures in the sun? I am interested in seeing how it turned out. Im doing a matte white myself!

ok now, its been more than 12 hours since you posted this thread. Back the darn thing out of the trailer and take some better shots already! :mad:

Im looking forward to seeing more pics, and possibly the car in person. I wanted to go check out the SORC, but I think no contour there brought my motivation down a bit:laugh:. I know its a bit of a drive for you but I went out to HPR a couple days ago just to check it out, looks like an awesome track, pictures dont do justice on how steep the elevation changes are. I am hoping to have my cougar out there next spring, we will have to get our cars together sometime next year and have a little fun if your up for it.

ok now, its been more than 12 hours since you posted this thread. Back the darn thing out of the trailer and take some better shots already! :mad:

I ran out to the Goodguys show this morning and was going to get it out of the trailer but it is raining(finally). My plan was to have it back in the garage this weekend.

I have a few plans. The front bumper cover will be quick release, and I have some vinyl wrap to apply.

It just stopped raining!

Rob

I ran out to the Goodguys show this morning and was going to get it out of the trailer but it is raining(finally). My plan was to have it back in the garage this weekend.

I have a few plans. The front bumper cover will be quick release, and I have some vinyl wrap to apply.

It just stopped raining!

Rob

I'm doing a QR front end this winter as well. Interested in seeing how you go about it.

Also....this is happening:

257056_471257369565122_352549552_o.jpg

Back