• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"THE" Official 2010 Fall Dragon Run...Oct 7th thru 10th!

Finished shade tree paint job. Looks like crap, so I've decided that I made it look bad on purpose. It's an art thing; most people won't get it. ;) Plus I threw my throttle bracket together but it's too short and idles at 3000rpm; I'll fix that another day. I'm in serious need of tires, and I have a few options I'm looking into; possibly even some new wheels. I still need to lower it and take care of the rubbish interior and I'll be ready to fail!

"Fail"ure is NOT an option Eric:shrug: Looking forward to seeing what you do for wheels and as far as the paint job goes, let me help you here via what we talked about earlier.....
EVERYONE....BRING YOUR SPARE STICKERS TO THE DRAGON THIS YEAR AND LET'S HELP ERIC COVER HIS CAR IN CAR STICKERS!

Doing the little things to tie everything in together

Doing the little things to tie everything in together

img1282603337085.jpg

img1282603337702.jpg

img1282603337427.jpg

After changing out my rims a couple weeks ago I just needed to tie everything together with that orange stripe and I think I did just that with this simple, inexpensive mod:shrug: Because the dots are so small I probably didn't pick up any hp, but it sure looks good! I did ask about a dry-look CF wrap for the hood and I'm going to do this, just gotta wait for that one though, its about half the price of an actual CF hood.

Go vols!

Go vols!

Hey Josh, this combo could still happen on the Daytona:shrug:
img1282606021403.jpg

Now I know your not going to do this, but inperson the pearl orange with white stripes looked stunning, not to mention the polished Halibrands:cool:

....and if you guys like that ride for the Dragon, imagine this one!
img1282606021012.jpg

The classic American Racing Team colors, white w/the blue stripes, again, STUNNING!

WOW Dan you've done alot of work to that car to keep it on the road already, good job:cool: Its too bad you can't make it out with us this year, we'll miss yah out there for sure! I bet that car will rule the Skyway for sure=========================

BTW Dan, how about some new pics for us!

its a shame i wont be able to make it, really wish i could.

I have definitely put a fair amount of time/money into getting it into good shape, some of the things i just couldnt pass up though. I paid ~$35 each for the poly mounts and about $60 for both the pre-turbo pipes and the y-pipe (not the downpipe like you are probably thinking but rather the intake pipe right before the TB that joins the 2 sets of intercooler pipes).

it would be a blast on the Dragon, with 2nd gear going all the way to 75MPH and having 5PSI of boost by 2000 RPMs. the Skyway would be almost scary, there are some long straight sections that i could probably come close to winding out 3rd, which would be about 125MPH. :crazy:

ill get some more pics once i get a chance to spend some time cleaning it up, but i have to finish a 3L swap for a customer first.

Man I broke 110 in the Endeavor; which is tippin close to 3 tonnes. Surely you can do better than 125. ;)

well yeah, if i shifted into 4th its good up to about 155MPH. either way, 125 is still damn fast for that road. also keep in mind the VR4 weighs in about 4000 lbs itself. :crazy:

True true. What's with Mitsubishi's being so dang heavy? :( I mean, mine is basically a bigazz Galant wagon but with a trailer I'd need a CDL.

the VR4 makes sense since its supposed to be a GT car. a lot of the weight is from trying to keep the NVH in check, that and the AWD, AWS, active aero, etc.

May I suggest the APR 93 octane program? If you get it around Christmas time you can usually get an extra program for free (I went with the "off" selection). Been happy as can be 25k+ miles with mine. Makes such a huge difference, especially on the freeway.

The APR tune is what I would consider going with.

Hey Josh, this combo could still happen on the Daytona:shrug:
img1282606021403.jpg

Now I know your not going to do this, but inperson the pearl orange with white stripes looked stunning, not to mention the polished Halibrands:cool:

....and if you guys like that ride for the Dragon, imagine this one!
img1282606021012.jpg

The classic American Racing Team colors, white w/the blue stripes, again, STUNNING!

That combo isnt out of the question when I build a Roadster. PPG Orange Glo with white or gunmetal stripes.

Damn Josh, your building the Daytona, now your talkin' about a roadster and getting a new 5.0:shrug:

Hey guys, be cool with all the "speed talk", we don't want any problems with our thread getting locked!

Hey Randy, what do you think of the other S2000?

KING RICHARD NUMBER OF DAYS TO GO!

Alright. Rodger wanted me to post on here so I am! I will be attending the Dragon run this year for the first time. It was nice to find something like this to do in October. Most people are shutting down their cars ( at lest up north ) and ending the car season, but not me.

Little back ground on myself and the car:

I am Eathen and I am located in Michigan ( Muskegon ) I drive currently my 27th car being a '00 S2000. The cars engine is stock as I want it to be for this year. I have the car currently lowered on BlackWorks Full body adjustable coilovers, megan racing rear adjustable toe arms. The car is in the body shop right now getting a 2004 S2000 rear bumper and making my +20mm rims for the rear fit. The rear bumper was brought out and everything to make this happen using custom brackets I created.

I will be using my 2004 S2000 rims though that I just had professionally painted teal* as it is my favorite color. I also bought two new 245/40/17 tires for the rear, and I will be getting new tires for the front as well. The teal rims will also being getting spacers for the rear since my Gramlights are +20mm offset.

Here are some pics.

My new suspension is not in in these photos.
IMG_1999copy.jpg

IMG_2009copy.jpg

S2000004.jpg

S2000006.jpg

Stock location of the outlet on the S2000 is in between the center console near your back, very dumb location. So I did a little work and some wiring and it is now near the passengers foot well, better location, thanks Honda =\

This si where I wanted it

Outletphotos003.jpg

And here it is done and finished, total time 1 hour, drilling wiring soddering, etc.

Outletphotos033.jpg

Rims are TEAL, they look blue, the camera is ••••ty! In the dark they look more blue, when the sunlight hits them they sparkle teal.

Wheelsteal002.jpg

So the new bumper is on the car with all brackets made. Off to the body shop!!!
s2000before079.jpg

Please post some pics that show off the new suspension. Do you have any trouble with the car being too low? I love the look of lowered S2000's, but I currently scrape sometimes on my stock suspension.

I love the Teal wheels. We should trade at the Dragon :) . My AP1's with Dunlop Direzza Star specs for your Teal AP2's plus cash on my end.

I also saw that you were selling the gram light wheels on s2ki.com Good luck with the sale.

I have thought about relocating the Cig lighter outlet, but what did you do with the hole it left in the stock location?

Please post some pics that show off the new suspension. Do you have any trouble with the car being too low? I love the look of lowered S2000's, but I currently scrape sometimes on my stock suspension.

I love the Teal wheels. We should trade at the Dragon :) . My AP1's with Dunlop Direzza Star specs for your Teal AP2's plus cash on my end.

I also saw that you were selling the gram light wheels on s2ki.com Good luck with the sale.

I have thought about relocating the Cig lighter outlet, but what did you do with the hole it left in the stock location?

I had this car slammed with the suspension I have now. It was so bad that when I went to gas stations I would bottom out on the little gas holes in the ground, the tops of them. I raised it but I am just ( very ) careful. I will get pics when it is out of the body shop.

The Ap2's I am very happy with. I sadly had a set of Ap1 wheels and just hated them. They look way to small. Lucky when i gtot he car the guy gave me the Ap2 no the car and a stock set, I sold the ap1 within a day, I just wanted them gone.

A lot of people relocate there outlet. I wanted to have (2) in case I needed it for anything else. So the stock location one is still there and active :)

Damn Josh, your building the Daytona, now your talkin' about a roadster and getting a new 5.0:shrug:

Hey guys, be cool with all the "speed talk", we don't want any problems with our thread getting locked!

Hey Randy, what do you think of the other S2000?

KING RICHARD NUMBER OF DAYS TO GO!

Its just money, cant take it with ya.

Body was test fitted last night. Gotta get it about a 1/4" lower on the passenger side and drop the ride heigth about 1/4 mile.
body.jpg

Good newsish stuff - The Vr4 I sold, when i sold it it had a bad 2nd gear sync row, and somehow the trans went. I called the guy to ask if it was fixed because this happened like 2 months ago. he said it was going to cost him 4K to have a new cltuch and used trans. I was not to happy to hear that. I called a guy in Michigan that parts these cars out and found him a trans for 1200.00 and a cltuch with 100 miles on it for 200.00. I am goign to swap the trans for him for 400.00, so he saved 2200.00 in the process.

Good newsish stuff - The Vr4 I sold, when i sold it it had a bad 2nd gear sync row, and somehow the trans went. I called the guy to ask if it was fixed because this happened like 2 months ago. he said it was going to cost him 4K to have a new cltuch and used trans. I was not to happy to hear that. I called a guy in Michigan that parts these cars out and found him a trans for 1200.00 and a cltuch with 100 miles on it for 200.00. I am goign to swap the trans for him for 400.00, so he saved 2200.00 in the process.

glad to hear its being saved, although 4K is insane for used parts. you can get a brand new (not a reman, actually brand new) 5-speed for $4900. Honestly, since you are installing a used trans, i would open it up and install new input shaft bearings (if its not a reman unit) to get rid of the "getrag rattle" that occurs at idle with the clutch engaged.

Back