• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"THE" Official 2010 Fall Dragon Run...Oct 7th thru 10th!

Look what I found. Scroll to the bottom of the thread. ;)
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=76624

Looks like we'll have some company out there, maybe an even bigger group photo:shrug: Do you happen to know any of these guys Eric? I wonder if Jason's buddy knows any of these guys?

Henrik Zetterburg number of days to go:cool:.....tomorrow, we'll be in the 30's....can you feel it, taste it, smell it, see it, hear it!

No I don't know any of those guys. I haven't met too many folks with throwback Toyota's yet. Really looking forward to this run since it looks like I'll actually have my car ready for it! I just ordered wheels/tires; now all I lack is a legal license plate (which I've been known to skip) and a new clutch.

Clutches seem to be the order of the day, you need one and Eathen with the other S2000 is needing one as well, anyone else:shrug:

Its probably a good time to bring up those "must have" items for the trip. I'd like to start with the people of "Tent City":

1. TP
2. Linens
3. Pillow and blankets
4. Flashlight

If you guys can think of anything else for them, chime in, thx!

Now for us and them for that matter, here's some items we should all have:

1. Fix-a-flat
2. Quart of oil
3. Wheel cleaner
4. 2-way radios (have an extra, bring it)
5. Batteries for the 2-way

Add to the list if you can think of something else:cool:

Dominick Hasek number of days to go, here we go!

25slg6f.jpg

You guys like the newest look?

Looks good except for the stupid stretched tires. I hate that look. I feel like sterilizing people who slam their car on it's nuts, stretch the crap out of their tires, and have super crazy negative camber.

No I don't know any of those guys. I haven't met too many folks with throwback Toyota's yet. Really looking forward to this run since it looks like I'll actually have my car ready for it! I just ordered wheels/tires; now all I lack is a legal license plate (which I've been known to skip) and a new clutch.

Throw back Toyota's huh? Glad to see I have another person no here that is into them like I am. I have TRD on my left arm :) Iv had 86.5-92 Supra turbo's, 12 to be exact so I am a huge fan of the older Toyota's. I just finished a 1JZ twin turbo swap into a guys '88 Supra turbo, then he crashed it 30 days after I did it, and he had me do it again to another '88 Turbo Supra lol.

Speaking of clutches.. and transmissions, the '93 VR4 is in my garage and I am doing a clutch and transmission right now.

Clutches seem to be the order of the day, you need one and Eathen with the other S2000 is needing one as well, anyone else:shrug:

Its probably a good time to bring up those "must have" items for the trip. I'd like to start with the people of "Tent City":

1. TP
2. Linens
3. Pillow and blankets
4. Flashlight

If you guys can think of anything else for them, chime in, thx!

Now for us and them for that matter, here's some items we should all have:

1. Fix-a-flat
2. Quart of oil
3. Wheel cleaner
4. 2-way radios (have an extra, bring it)
5. Batteries for the 2-way

Add to the list if you can think of something else:cool:

Dominick Hasek number of days to go, here we go!

I usually bring a torque wrench to check the tires each day too. So i guess just bring your size socket for a 1/2 inch drive.

Portable air compressor is a good idea, I always have mine in the car, although its old and showing its age. A good tire gauge is a good idea too, my Griots one is awesome.....oh yeah, Derek has one too, what a great gift idea!

If I lived within a close distance I'd love to come down there and be apart of the build! What's the other car I spy, the next project car?

Thats a personal pic I sent to you and you only. I am in my overalls today and it looks kinda nice in em though. Oh you meant the Daytona. Here it is sans spoiler and kidneys not cut out.

backend.jpg

Your a funny guy Josh:lol:

That car looks soooooo bad as from the rear, hope it works out next year for you to bring it out and run with us, you can be the Grand Marshall for our Dragon run:cool:

2012, even though its 2 years away, its our 10th anniversary so its never too early to start thinking about something special for that run. The one thing I always thought would be cool is if Terry Haines could make it down there, imagine someone driving with him on the Skyway or Dragon:shocked::shocked::shocked:

Suggestions about this can be put in your back pocket or brought up here so it can grow. I've been thinking about alot of things pertaining to this run, really thinking down the road about it.

BTW, once I get back from the meet I'm setting up back home in Detroit and I get the complete "for sure" list of those guys from xceedspeed that are going, I'll add them all to the list. Its mostly going to be people from "Tent City" but they'll have cars and they'll be welcome!

Back