• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Black Friday Shopping!

ZeroHour

Mod/Salad Tosser
Any get anything good?

I saw 6 Contour/Mystiques While standing in the lot! :laugh: One was a nice T-Red Merc. Looked pretty clean. Headlights were mildly aged, only clouded over.

I didn't get a camera, but I got an 8GB flash drive and 5 DVDs. (Spiderman 1-3, Borat, AVP Requirem). My brother was looking at a new flat screen cause his that is 3 years old is acting kinda funny, but decided against spending the 700 bucks.

Hilarious moment when some chick realized a 50" plasma does not fit in nor on top of a late 90's civic hatchback! Poor Walmart guy was lost on what to do!

What did everyone else get? or do you guys just avoid it all together? Any good stories?

so far, we are avoiding it...we're getting ready for a walk through the mountains to burn off all the turkey, stuffing, and pecan pie we ate :drool:

Heating up left overs.
Then off to the painfully crowded mall! :blackeye::laugh:

Hilarious moment when some chick realized a 50" plasma does not fit in nor on top of a late 90's civic hatchback! Poor Walmart guy was lost on what to do!
I remember loading a 27" TV into the back seat of some guy's Cavalier coupe when I worked at Walmart, because it wouldn't fit anywhere else in the car (even the front seat). He spilled milk somewhere in the car the week before, and it smelled putrid.

I wish the policy was that the employee helped as far as the front door. Outside of the building, you're on your own.

Black friday = lawlz

I can get similar deals online every day of the week without getting up early.

I went to bed this morning as my parents were getting up to go shopping.

How much for the 8gb drive? I picked up two 8gb ones for 15 each on monday.

I got an upgraded: Trans mount, passenger side motor mount, and rear motor mount
Got a test pipe and a set of GDYR Eagle F1's too. All but the tires were 17% off. I still need to pick up christmas presents for others though haha.
Oh I got a date for tomorrow too.... not that I was shopping for a date though

It was $17 for the 8GB from PNY. Can't complain my room has a PNY drive that is a 512mb and its lasted him 5 years without any problems. So I don't really expect anything less from this one.

I believe they had them for $13 @ Office Max or staples, but why would I want to spend 8 dollars in gas in the caprice to drive that far. :laugh: Walmart is 4-7 minutes from my house depending on rate of travel and how many fields you cut through.

All things being said, consider this, the last flast drive I bought was a 256mb. And it was $28 when I got it! :laugh: Adjust for inflation, and that little bad boy was about 35-40 bucks! :laugh:

Anyone else remember when Win95 would run on a 0.8GB drive? haha Good old 850mb drives. Its amazing to think that digital storage from 15 years ago was a stack of drives, and now the size of a thumb nail! Hell USB 1.1 is probably faster then the old IDE33 cables.

Not sure if it was black friday related but I found a coupon code for 30% on the nike web site so I finally caved and bought these:

nike-vandal-high-supreme-ex-metal-pack.jpg

those are, without question, the ugliest shoes i've ever seen.

and that's saying a lot

EDIT: oh, and i got a crafstman low profile 2 1/2 ton jack this morning at sears saturday sale. $57.99

Not sure if it was black friday related but I found a coupon code for 30% on the nike web site so I finally caved and bought these:

nike-vandal-high-supreme-ex-metal-pack.jpg

Wow! How about a picture of you wearing them? What do you wear blinging sneakers with anyway? I know, you have a gold shirt to match them don't you? ;)

I NEVER go shopping on black Friday, NEVER. I will shop online however. The online deals are just as good and you are a lot safer. No morons running you over for the one special item that they have to have and no waiting in line starting at midnight.
I worked retail for a few years and those people are crazy! I stay far away.

Wow! How about a picture of you wearing them? What do you wear blinging sneakers with anyway? I know, you have a gold shirt to match them don't you? ;)

I keep my gold shirts to a minimum. I wouldn't want to look tacky, now would I? Although I do have a black/gold "Balls Models" shirt... I've recently picked up the same fever that FMR12B probably got a while ago to start compulsively buying/collecting sneakers. I have pairs I bought a while ago that I haven't even worn yet because its winter and I don't want to dirty them lol

Back