• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stock Internals Adios!

Looks just like the one I have, except the hub no longer has windows that the springs can be seen in. As I recall its a ceramic friction surface. It grabs hard and there isn't a whole lot of modulation to the engagement point. It will make some noise when cold.

attachment.php

U're missing sumthn else brian. The centre ring in urs protrudes forwards. Mine protrudes backwards instead. Like i said, i hope driveability is the same as yours.

Hmm, interesting. I can't see your photos here are work. As I recall from a stock SVT clutch that I have the center "floats". I don't recall what this clutch does.

Interesting, makes me want a new one. I got one from the groupbuy, makes a decent amount of noise but it definitely grabs! I just pulled mine out yesterday after about 7k miles on it and it looks great still!

Thanks for the pics. Its seems everyone is buying the 6 PUCK... could you explain the benefit to the 6 puck vs a full face disc? I don't mean to highjack but with me in the market for a clutch its something that concerns me.

Full face for sure. Have you guys ever driven with those puck clutches... it is not fun. I ran the Spec 3+ which was the full face disc that had gobs of grip. I know some others had issues with them but mine worked perfectly for years until I went back to a stuck clutch when I pulled my supercharger off.

The pucked clutch is indeed a little tricky to drive, you can feel the pucks grabbing when your taking off from a stop sometimes, pretty easy to stall but once you learn how it works I have no problem with it and no complaints. It does chatter while idling and sometimes taking off from a stop it'll grind all loud until its fully engaged, but thats just the nature of the beast. I wouldn't have a problem daily driving it at all.

The 6 puck is more aggressive & will grab better. Also has a higher torque rating than the full faced counterpart. In other words, this one is more capable of handling launches better. Put simply; If you're not planning on tracking your car, get the full faced. If it will see the track at some point, then get this one. Fwiw, i also had the spec3+. Was noisy as well. Creaked @ slow takeoff, & clattered @ idle. So no difference there.

The one good thing about the Spec Stage 3+ before it failed was how easy it was to drive. Engagement, to me, wasn't much different than stock. It held the power just fine too. To bad the springs didn't want to stay in the hub ....

Someone should try welding the windows closed , balance the assembly and run it. I wonder if that would prevent the failures.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Back