• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Started project free SVT today....

Are you serious?? What the hell!? How did I miss that? I just bought that beefed up rear subframe and boxed rear arms from Turbo Fox so I don't have any $$ at the moment for these. Let me see what I can do.

You make me giggle like a little school girl. I need to get down by you again and see all this progress first hand.....

Hood cut down another 6oz(I think its around 7 1/2 lbs now....possibly less), pins mounted and roll suspension removed....

Ok...I read the whole thread...When you get pictures up, are you going to take pictures of the front and rear suspensions? Running nitrous on a high compression engine is bad, correct? If I am wrong let me know because that is the internal debate I am having about my 3L and the direction I want to take it. I want the high compression of a hybrid, but I am thinking just stick with 3L heads to run nitrous...Let me know if you are doing anything different to run the nitrous or if you are just running it and you don't think it will be a problem. Very, very cool project. I think you are doing what all of us wish we could do...atleast me. I wish I could have no interior and a fully prepped race car but let's be honest, that doesn't go too well in a daily driver with a baby!

Running nitrous on a high compression engine is bad, correct? If I am wrong let me know because that is the internal debate I am having about my 3L and the direction I want to take it. I want the high compression of a hybrid, but I am thinking just stick with 3L heads to run nitrous...Let me know if you are doing anything different to run the nitrous or if you are just running it and you don't think it will be a problem.

That's all covered in the FAQ's in the Forced Induction forum. The short answer is no, if you know what you're doing. The proper answer is much longer.

If your going to build a motor build it for boost or NOS. With proper tuning you can run NOS without problems. Just have to be smart.

Babies like full on race cars. It's there version of a rollercoaster ride :)

If your going to build a motor build it for boost or NOS. With proper tuning you can run NOS without problems. Just have to be smart.

This is true...when my daughter rode in my brothers charger, I was driving and I got on it for a minute and I saw a little grin on her face...

But yeah there wasn't anything on compression in the nitrous section of the FAQ...I guess its ok...The only reason why I say that is because I thought with high compression, it causes the actual nitrous to burn...correct me if I am wrong I am not that "up to snuff" on nitrous but I am just going off of what I heard people saying.

But yeah there wasn't anything on compression in the nitrous section of the FAQ...I guess its ok...The only reason why I say that is because I thought with high compression, it causes the actual nitrous to burn...correct me if I am wrong I am not that "up to snuff" on nitrous but I am just going off of what I heard people saying.

yeah, I looked in there too and couldnt find it....
If you do a google search for nitrous and high compression motors you will find that it shouldnt be a problem and that it actually works very well

Build it so it can run on Corn Flakes

Back