• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Started project free SVT today....

Updates:

Mike and I spent a lot of time Tuesday scratching our heads and brainstorming and I think we’ve got a schedule pretty well outlined to get this thing done in time(albeit not exactly how I wanted for SZ).

I should be receiving my solid sub frame bushings this weekend (thanks Tony). Which means the front sub frame is ready for assembly.

This Monday/Tuesday is engine bay detailing and final cleanup before assembly begins. Some paint will fly these days as well.

Wednesday and Friday I’m going to start tearing into wiring….have a few electrical systems and wires to remove.

Next weekend(12/13) is when the real fun begins…

Front sub frame seam welding, paint, install
Rad. Install
Front suspension install, control arm mock-up
Rear sub frame install, control arm mock-up (pending parts swap from BLKOUT2)
Picking up the 3L

…more to come as the scramble continues.

Updates:

Mike and I spent a lot of time Tuesday scratching our heads and brainstorming and I think we’ve got a schedule pretty well outlined to get this thing done in time(albeit not exactly how I wanted for SZ).

I should be receiving my solid sub frame bushings this weekend (thanks Tony). Which means the front sub frame is ready for assembly.

This Monday/Tuesday is engine bay detailing and final cleanup before assembly begins. Some paint will fly these days as well.

Wednesday and Friday I’m going to start tearing into wiring….have a few electrical systems and wires to remove.

Rad. Install
Picking up the 3L

Sweet!

I'm still trying to sort some aspects of the build out.

The car needs the rev limiter bumped, but funding doesn't leave much for tuning software...so i have no idea what to do there yet.

for your wiring talk to terry . he just went and pruned his harness and systems inside. i believe he used a svt harness as a guine pig.
linkage

I've been talking to Terry for months now. ;)

Picked up the solid sub frame bushings and they fit freaking perfect, still welding them in, but damn do they fit/look great! Pics tomorrow i think.

I've been talking to Terry for months now. ;)

Picked up the solid sub frame bushings and they fit freaking perfect, still welding them in, but damn do they fit/look great! Pics tomorrow i think.

Good to hear that. I'll let Neil know. The machinists are sick at work if I can't figure it out they will. Smart :censored::censored::censored::censored:ers indeed!

for your wiring talk to terry . he just went and pruned his harness and systems inside. i believe he used a svt harness as a guine pig.
linkage

lol, well I did tell josh I would be starting my wiring around the time he was starting re-assembly... which ironically we are both running a few months behind schedule.

my harness is from an ATX. I'm having a hell of a time tracing the wires, as its VERY different than my stock harness. I also started working on the main engine harness as everything is going to be pretty radical on how its rerouted.

anyways I definitely need to get the car drivable before I go much farther with the wiring... dont want to make too many changes without being able to test them.

I just finished ordering the 160 degree t-stat, and two sets of trailing arm bushings. Found one dealer that had them in stock, summit couldn't get them to me until mid May. His price was $5 cheaper per set, and they ship today. :cool:

~Josh

Updates:

Rad. Install
Picking up the 3L

You forgot the most important part... My SVT hits the road again this weekend. w00t :crazy:

(There's some truth to this... that will free up a 10x20' space that we desperately need)

I can.... I have nothing planned that I know of, or atleast forgot. What time you going to be there?

The AM to the PM. No final time figured out just yet, but i'd like to get battery trays and rear suspensions swapped out of my car, and get hetfields battery tray in his car and get it all together. I'm thinking i can get out there around 8AM.

Last edited:
I'll now be in Sheboygan Sunday evening. So we have all day sat to work for those interested in being there.

Back