• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Started project free SVT today....

one of the true race cougar owners promised me some documentation on refabricating our strut towers for some true camber plates [better to send a reminder email about that].. I'll forward that over when I get ahold of it.

Mumm? I spoke to him about how he did the towers on both race cougars. Pie cutting and hammering them flat then reinforcve them with a plate underneath. I believe I spoke to Josh about this already. I was going to try it on a junk set of towers for experimentation purposes. Have fun getting camber plates or having someone make them. That too was anohter thing I was going to make but never got around to it.

no not mumm, capaldi [although they more or less built their cars with eachothers assistance], and yup thats the process they explained to me, said he had some finer details written out that would really be helpful.

and no it hasnt been fun trying to find a shop willing to do the work, and that is way beyond my current abilities.

Todd has traded me a sway bar for some parts so that'll be on the way soon, Mark also donated some poly SB bushings to the project, so it shouldn't be long before the front sub frame is welded up and installed.

no not mumm, capaldi [although they more or less built their cars with eachothers assistance], and yup thats the process they explained to me, said he had some finer details written out that would really be helpful.

and no it hasnt been fun trying to find a shop willing to do the work, and that is way beyond my current abilities.

hmmmm really thats not the story I heard. anyways....Yeah those cars had a ridiculous amount of r&d into them. I was in aww of what I was looking at whenI was at mumms house.

no I know the story, was just trying to save face for people.

and ya, definitely alot of R&D especially considering the cars were still in production when all this work was done. funny how 5/6/7 years later no one else has stepped up to the plate yet.

oh btw, the capaldi car is up for sale... probably hard to find a buyer considering its a chassy in white.... although he is selling the 2 race motors seperately.

sweet!

so when are you going to be tackling the wiring? If you need a hand with that, I'd love to help out [been pondering my wire harnesses]

Wiring will be done after the 2.5 is test fired and running, that way i can make my changes and verify the car still runs as it's supposed to with systems and wiring removed. I do need to talk to you about composite parts....and I'm planning on welding up sub frames in late November.

Build is set to resume in 2 weeks....watch for pictures. :)

OK, so I'm a little behind, but hey, I'm a busy guy these days.

The suspension install i had scheduled for Sunday canceled, and was a big part of the reason the car hasn't been started as i needed the room to do the work on the customer car. Saturday was a wash because of the snow storm, but i headed out to the shop Sunday afternoon and got to work.

Both BLKOUT2 and Slowverfrost :laugh: are tucked away nice and cozy for the winter and I started working on the Free SVT for the first time in months. :cool:

Yesterdays projects involved cleaning a TON to make room for the build, and once that was partially done i started on the front core support. The hood will be pin-on so the latch was removed and the sheet metal behind it removed. I also started cutting up the headlight mounting panel. I'm doing this for two reasons, (1) cut out a few pounds, but more importantly, (2) I opened up about 1 sq. ft. of area in front of the radiator which should aid in cooling.

These projects are being continued tonight, as well a some other things, pics to follow.

It looks about like this.....when i actually have some things mounted on the car i'll post the pictures....

n525733080_227386_562.jpg

Have you been paying attention?

The interior already IS gutted, and it's staying that way. The car will have two seats, non-stock.

Back