• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing 2010

hetfield

or hetfeild
skyline.jpg

As the cat has already kinda been let out of the bag, I'll cut to the chase: Spring Zing 2010 will be held in Milwaukee WI. Leading the effort will be myself and Pole120 along with help from various local CEGers. We do not have any details available right now, including dates or any kind of itinerary. We just wanted to clear up any confusion and dispel any rumors about what was going on. We also wanted to say that we are thankful for the opportunity and are very excited about hosting the event. We want to make sure it will be worth the extra travel time for those of you who have to cross through one of our suburbs called Chicago or worth the expense for those of you who may choose to fly in.

In the coming weeks and months we will be posting more information about events, prices, and travel. Our first goal is to try and get this to you earlier than previous years. Also, we plan on having several polls and questions to get a feel for how you'd like the weekend to go, as this is obviously about the community. If you do have a burning question or idea that you'd like to share with us, please do so. We can't guarantee we'll be able to do it, but if it's something the majority would like to see we'll try for it.

you think a couple dozen contours will show up? Getting to the place will be half the fun...

Last edited by a moderator:
I still think that the Wisconsin Dells would be sooo much better, easier and eventful. I'm gonna be real with you.......Milwaukee is a dirty ass city with high crime, crappy roads, and even worse commuting. Maybe in one of the burbs, but stay away from downtown.

Way to be a debbie downer.

I gotta let people know whats up. I'll still go, but my stomach will be turning the whole time I'm there. The Dells has waterparks, mini-golf, women(or men if that's your thing), loads of other attractions, and a far better fun atmosphere, as well as easy to navigate and very scenic once you get to cruise in the country.

http://www.wisdells.com

Milwaukee is, well....like I said, just a dirty ass city.

Depending on how much I get back from scholarships/grants, I will most likely fly. The drive up takes no time, its the drive back that sucks.

Looking forward to see whats planned. I also support dtour as well.

I am good with either Milwaukee or Wis Dells. BUT, I would feel more comfortable in the Dells. Location, location, location. I say make it REALLY worth people to travel here and turn it into more of a vacation than a hotel parking lot party. Really wouldn't cost any more :shrug:.

..Milwaukee is a dirty ass city with high crime, crappy roads, and even worse commuting. Maybe in one of the burbs, but stay away from downtown.

sounds like my kind of place...way more options in Milwaukee:

wisconsindells.jpg

milwaukee.jpg

Back