• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spoiler

Rob51988

CEG'er
So Im thinking about changing my trunk lid to one with a spoiler on it. Which lids fit my car, look good and how much do they usually go for?

if you had taken the time to use the search finction you would have determine that all year trunk lids are interchangable.

you would have also found that if you want to usea pre98 trunk lid on your post 98 that you need the tail lights also.

you would have also foudn that the trunks with spoilers used different trunk struts then ones without.

Didn't know that :shocked:

yeah there are actually 3 different ones.

ones for trunks with no spoiler

ones for pre98s with the lip spoiler

and ones for post 98s with spoilers.

CSVT1214 looked into this alot and posted about it. also ask anyone (mattr or hotdimmes) that swapped trunk lids for one with a spoiler, the stock struts will not hold the trunk lid open.

I wouldn't bother getting used "spoiler trunk struts" either. They are probably moderately worn. Just get new ones and be done with it!

so thats why my trunk always slams on my head. i just added the spoiler didnt switch trunk lids. where can i get new trunk struts then

if you had taken the time to use the search finction you would have determine that all year trunk lids are interchangable.

you would have also found that if you want to usea pre98 trunk lid on your post 98 that you need the tail lights also.

you would have also foudn that the trunks with spoilers used different trunk struts then ones without.

Your post was excellent except for the fact that OP has a pre98 :).
So that means he would need to get 98+ tails WITH the trunk lid. OP, I don't know if it will be worth it...You won't find a 98+ lid in your color, so it will have to be painted. I thought about it, but it just isn't worth it...Not for a crappy little pre98 Zetec :p

Your post was excellent except for the fact that OP has a pre98 :).
So that means he would need to get 98+ tails WITH the trunk lid. OP, I don't know if it will be worth it...

so if anyone bothered to actually apply some thought to anything they would realize that if you need the pre98 tails to go with the pre98 trunk lid on a post 98 that it also works the other way around that a post98 trunk lid on a pre98 also needs the taillights.

but your right on one thing I did assume that the op was putting a pre98 trunk on a post 98 because 98% of the people here do that, not the other way around

It works, but doesn't look right.
i dont think most people would know:shrug:
723264_111_full.jpg

Back