• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Southwestern Ontario Meet

Aaron, what was that trick to get the 3L with an SCT chip to not stall after reconnecting the battery? The battery in the 3L keeps dying and I have to keep jumping it. :mad:

The trick is to leave the car idle for 10min once a new tune is uploaded or battery hooked back up. Once it has idled for 10minutes jsut start driving, but when slowing down come to a stop don't put the car in Neutral to cost and amke sure your foot is on the clutch by 1,500rpm. One my car once I dipped below the car would stall. Doing this the car will only stall once or twice in the first 100km as opposed to everytime you stop.

Aaron

So really there is no trick. I think I only stalled it twice. I just had to keep the revs up when i came to a stop. By the time i got to my parents it was okay. They live about 90kms away.

now that read this, 10 years later... I found out about this meet. I only live 10 mins away from upper james. Only thing though, I dont have a csvt. but my SE looks pretty damn good. cleaniess one in town.

all depends on were it is, dont want to go to far as the car has only been on the road for a month.......were would be a good place i am in guelph, ON i noticed there is some member in kitchener and suck i actually have seen 2 csvts in guelph other then mine not sure if there members one is actually on my street!

Back