• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Should I?

debadging is fine, but calling it a skyline is not. If you really wanted to you could put skyline parts on it, but not the name. Does the skyline have different wheels, headlights, taillights, interior, mods. You can mod it to look like one if you really like the skyline look, but I think it is rice to call it one when it isn't one.

The V35 marks a major turning point for the Skyline. There is no straight 6, no turbo variant, and no GT-R variant. Nissan put a slightly more powerful VQ35DE in the 350Z, and although the Skyline & the 350Z share the same platform, the 350Z has additional bracing, underbody aero parts, and weighs 100 kg less.

The GT-R badge is on the pics initially posted and that was what I referred to, I am aware the base model is just that, as well as Mercedes delivery vans and taxis in the UK. The new(which should be coming to the states) GT-R is said to have a VQ35 TT and will be AWD based on the FM platform.

The GT-R badge is on the pics initially posted and that was what I referred to, I am aware the base model is just that, as well as Mercedes delivery vans and taxis in the UK. The new(which should be coming to the states) GT-R is said to have a VQ35 TT and will be AWD based on the FM platform.

But the pics had the GT350 badge not the GT-R badge. Which the 350GT is technically the model that he has. Models in japan include:

• 250GT - 2.5 L VQ25DD V6, 215 hp (158 kW, 270 Nm)
  • 250GT Four - 2.5 L VQ25DD V6, 215 hp (158 kW, 270 Nm) 4WD
  • 300GT - 3.0 L VQ30DD V6, 260 hp (191 kW, 324 Nm)
  • 350GT-8 - 3.5 L VQ35DE V6, 272 hp (200 kW, 353 Nm)
  • 350GT Coupe - 3.5 L VQ35DE V6, 280 hp (206 kW, 363 Nm)

I gave my opinion in this thread.

MapOfTazi ... :rolleyes: why do you feel the need to make the font size 26 to get your (invalid) point across?

I gave my opinion in this thread.

MapOfTazi ... :rolleyes: why do you feel the need to make the font size 26 to get your (invalid) point across?

Because everyone keeps thinking he is trying to pretend he has a skyline GTR...half the people posting responses didn't get that fact his car in japan is called the skyline.

not this...
2-fast-2-furious-nissan-skyline-4900847.jpg

but this...
FUJ03604.jpg

debadging is fine, but calling it a skyline is not. If you really wanted to you could put skyline parts on it, but not the name. Does the skyline have different wheels, headlights, taillights, interior, mods. You can mod it to look like one if you really like the skyline look, but I think it is rice to call it one when it isn't one.

everything is the same, only thing different are the badgings

I'm all for overseas badging. I like my mondeo badge. It's in a pretty subtle spot and I've even had some non contour owners know what it meant. It's a pretty good feeling that other people are in the "know" sometimes.

mondeo.jpg

I think it's kinda cool when jetta guys put "Bora" on their cars. Mazda guys do "axela" and "atenza." It's not like im putting "Mondeo ST200" or something on my car.

No probelms here :shrug:

everything is the same, only thing different are the badgings

I just don't get why it is so important to say that your car is something it is not. If it were meant to be a skyline they would have called it one in the US. In the end, you can do whatever you want.

Rebadging a car seems like something only douchebags do.

IMO, it seemed neat, about 2 years ago.
But it just isn't original anymore....

Just like Lambo-doors
Just not original anymore...

And when I see a "Skyline" on the road, I say to myself.. "yeah, right... sure it isn't..."

why don't you put a ferrari badge on it?

oh wait... it isn't a ferrari.

and your car isn't a skyline.

get over it!!!! :help:

i badged my car an svt why becuase it looks like one in side and out. so do what u want man. i do like the tinted tails. who cares what the haters say its your car and u have to drive it

why don't you put a ferrari badge on it?

oh wait... it isn't a ferrari.

and your car isn't a skyline.

get over it!!!! :help:

True, most people on the street are probably going to think older skyline when they see your badging (I still think it's ok though.)

At least you aren't Tony's boy, DJ Lamarossa

4e2.jpg

I just don't get why it is so important to say that your car is something it is not. If it were meant to be a skyline they would have called it one in the US. In the end, you can do whatever you want.

This sums it up best. If Nissan/Infiniti wanted the U.S. version of the car to be called a Skyline, they would have called it just that. In the end, you are driving a U.S. version, which is called a G35. I don't know the Japanese language, but if "turd" translates to "yoshimitsu" in Japan, I'm not going to change my logic and start calling my dump a "yoshimitsu" just to sound cool, or impress anyone. A turd is a turd, as long as you're in the states! :laugh:

Mark

If I saw a G35 with "Skyline" on the back, I would know its not a skyline...and I will know that the person that is driving the car is someone that is an enthusist and knows what he has. I can appreciate that. All of this rather me saying, "theres another Shmuck that has a nice car and doesnt really know/ or appreciate what he/she has", that drives me up the wall.

Do it if YOU want to, share pics with the ones that will appreciate and enjoy.

This sums it up best. If Nissan/Infiniti wanted the U.S. version of the car to be called a Skyline, they would have called it just that. In the end, you are driving a U.S. version, which is called a G35. I don't know the Japanese language, but if "turd" translates to "yoshimitsu" in Japan, I'm not going to change my logic and start calling my dump a "yoshimitsu" just to sound cool, or impress anyone. A turd is a turd, as long as you're in the states! :laugh:

Mark

I would absolutely call my turd a yoshimitsu if that's what it translated out to!!

By far the stupidest thread EVAR ON CEG!!!

You drive a G35 NOT a skyline. And i highly doubt its 100% the same over there as it is here. Thats like calling a contour a mondeo. hate to brake it to you they are not the same.

Why don't you put Father of G35 like your someone important on the back.

Easy Decepticreep, we all know you secretly admire your c*ck as 'Megatron'.. no need to rename something it's not. :laugh:

I'm just thinking that if I had a G35, I like the sound of Infinity G35 better than Skyline. I don't think I'd re-badge it if I had the same car. I mean if Infinity named it G35+7=42 Supercoupe.. then yeah.. I'd probably re-badge it so that it looks better.. :laugh:

Back