• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Should I?

Infiniti, Lexus, Acura are US only names from Nissan, Toyota and Honda.
In Japan, they are car makers with long history. They make expensive, great cars, as well as cheap ones. Japanese have no problem with those one brand, multi-lines marketing.

When US imported Japanese cars some 30 years ago, they imported the cheap, economic models to undercut expensive US models in pricing with much better gas mileage. However, since they were cheap in price, they gave people a feeling being cheap cheap. That's not too different in today's Hyundai and Kia. Later when the Japanese company wanted to bring in better cars, they found people with money didn't want them because they don't like to be associated with 'cheap' car brands. That's why they introduced the luxury brand. And people liked that. They like the brands. Who thinks it deserves the $7,000 difference between a Nissan Pathfinder and an Infiniti QX4? On the previous model (which I had), they are essentially the same car with just slightly different body panel and materials. Do you think people who have a QX4 would be happy to rebadge it to a Pathfinder? I don't think so. And most of the QX4 owners would be offended when people asked them about their 'Pathfinders'.

In Japan, if you see cars with Accura/Infiniti badges, 90%+ of them are rebadged. They are few real ones, which were made in the Japan, exported to US, then re-imported back to Japan because those brands are for export only. But who want to pay that much more for a car can be obtained much cheaper with domestic brand? So the cheapest way is to rebadge them. This is just to fulfill their vanity. It's definitely a form of 'ricer'. I just feel amused to see people here with 'better' brands want to convert their cars into 'less' brand models. But to each his own. If you want to do it, then do it. It doesn't concern me at all.

And, so far I found no one in the Saab92X community who wants to rebadge the car a Subaru WRX, even though they were made 100% by Subaru and imported here from Japan.

And, so far I found no one in the Saab92X community who wants to rebadge the car a Subaru WRX, even though they were made 100% by Subaru and imported here from Japan.

I don't think that's really the same thing. Both models are available here in the US so you aren't really rebadging to it's overseas-only counterpart. If someone wanted to drive around in a WRX, they could actually go buy one.

meh..it's one of those love it/hate it mods. Silly to argue it's validity :laugh:

Last edited:
I seen a Cutlass supreme with a "SIr" badge on it! Cool stuff!

I dont think putting "SKYLINE 350GT" is wrong, especially if it is the same car. Isnt the only reason it is called an "Infiniti G35" is because its supposed to be "luxury" and "compete" against the "Nissan 350Z". :shrug: Just a thought.

But If your gonna do that, I would put a Nissan Emblem on the back and front or at least debadge both the front and back!!!

I really like the Vinyls to You should def. go with that!

- Amyn

Back