• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Seat Heaters

Status
Not open for further replies.
James O. 15009
Steve P. 97123
Laurencio C. 60441
Christopher M. 06708
Matthew R. 12866
Christopher T. 60174

So one more, who is it?

James O. 15009
Steve P. 97123
Laurencio C. 60441
Christopher M. 06708
Matthew R. 12866
Christopher T. 60174
Matt M. 06111

I guess its me....at least the list isn't numbered this time so I can't put in a second number three :)

CHECK YOUR CC STATEMENTS
I received mine today and was charged $200.00 :nonono:
I specifically mentioned the GP 3 times and she repeated I would be charged $120.00. I'm sure it won't be a big deal to resolve, but I'm not happy with that or the fact they never sent a confirmation email.
Heads up to you guys.
-J

Thanks for the tip....

I checked mine and it was $120 so hopefully yours is an isolated incident

Thanks for the tip....

I checked mine and it was $120 so hopefully yours is an isolated incident

Same here. May just have been as issue with not being on the GB list. The company had 5 people on the list, when 8 actually ordered.

Same here. May just have been as issue with not being on the GB list. The company had 5 people on the list, when 8 actually ordered.
Just got off the phone, pretty easy and straight-forward to correct. The CS rep said she'd give the info to billing and credit my CC. The also had a mistake in my email address, so that explains the other issue.
Looks like 2 others out of the 8 may have this issue.
-J

I just checked my CC statement and it's listed at the correct price of 120. I never got an email that I recall, though I may have filed it away in my saved emails and forgot about it :shrug:

ok, sorry for bringing this back up but I am finally getting around to this. Finally got most of the engine back together and am nearing the end of my head gasket and other repairs. So I put the battery in so I could move the driver seat and get it unbolted.

I pulled my heater kits out of the box and started to really look at everything. I noticed I don't have any tape (for the cut hole in the middle) in either kit. Did everyone get this tape in their kits? I will try calling the company tomorrow about this but in the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions on what I should use instead?

ok, so I called and spoke with a sales rep who transfered me to technical support. He informed me that the manual sent with the kits are old and outdated but the general info still applies. But the difference is the kits have changed and so have the contents. The new kits are made with a carbon fiber weave inside so you don't have to worry about sealing it back up he said. He said just find where the channel is, fold the element in half on that line, cut a small triangle out of the folded element. Now when you open it up and lay it out, you will have a small square hole to feed the zip tie through. He also said, in the center you have to use a zip tie and not a hog ring for safety reasons, anywhere else is optional he said if you want to use zip ties or hog rings.

How did everyone like these heaters. I was really thinking about it but did not get in on the deal. Looked like a great deal.

I spliced the power wire into the purple/black wire at the under dash fuse box with the provided connector. I can't remember exactly which circuit it is, but I know that it's either a 30A or 40A fuse that's linked to the ignition run circuit. It will only work with the key in the run position! I think it's the power windows circuit?

UnderdashHarness042.jpg

So is this where everyone tapped into for power? Did anyone do something different? People with 2 seat heaters (driver & passenger), did you tap into the same source for both?

I plan to run my wires under the carpet (much like the wires for the power driver seat) and to the lower console where I will be mounting the switches.

I used that purple wire, it works fine. I only installed one heater. I mounted the switch between the cup holders on the lower console.

I must absolutely recommend that you do not run the wires under the carpet where your feet will be. During the winter/spring, a significant amount of water accumulated in the carpets there for me and caused all sorts of problems. I would recommend you run the wires under the carpet right next to the mounts for the front seat, and along the side of the center console.

right, I was only referring to the location of where the wires come out of the carpet. Once I have the carpet up I will find the best route for the wires. Which like you said, will most likely be along side of where the center console is.

Any input on where I should hook up 2 units? One to the purple/black wire and the other....?

You could always hook up a relay and run them off a line direct from the battery. Or just be careful and run them right from the battery, and just be sure you shut them off.

ok, I'm not real good with understanding how to set that up on my own but if someone gave some good general instructions I'm sure I could do it.

Think you could try and walk me though what would be involved in setting up some relays and that for the seat heaters?

It'd probably be easier to just hook it up to the purple wire. Or find another ignition wire and use that for the second heater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back