• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Seat Heaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt R

Hard-core CEG'er
I contacted heatedseatkits.com about a group buy. There kits are currently selling for $90 each. They include 2 heater elements, fuses, wiring, switches, etc... everything you need. They come w/ a 2 year warranty. One kit is enough to do one seat.

However, they said if there's enough interest for 4-9 kits, they'll sell them for $70. 10 or more kits, $60 each. The only downside is they'll only offer them in pairs at this price. However, the site does have free shipping.

What I'll think about doing is buying a few sets, and selling them individually... for $5 more then their price. You'd have to pay shipping too.

So, if you're interested in 2, you can order directly from the site. They take paypal at sales@autowarm.com. They also take orders over the phone at 1-800-975-1764. You have to be sure to mention "Matthew's Group Buy" on the phone/paypal order to get the special pricing.

We do need to have all the orders in to get the price, so please post what'd you be interested in. Remember, now is the best time to put these in! No more cold leather!

Matt, perhaps you could illustrate how difficult this would be to diy. Electrical is a no brainer, but what would be entailed for the upholstery?

if you can skin a seat you can do these. fairly easy as you just lossen the hog rings w pliars..same w/putting them back on.

can this be hooked up to a ignition switch so when the car is off there is no power to the seat heater? I would be in for a set.

can this be hooked up to a ignition switch so when the car is off there is no power to the seat heater? I would be in for a set.

Yep, and it's actually recommended you do this. I think there's an empty fuse spot that's only on when the ignition is on.

and i thought the $90 sale was good. this is for the H2 model, right? i'm down for one if somebody wants to team up for the other.

Can this work with cloth seats? I know I've seen some factory heated cloth seats out there. Any ideas?

I'm interested depending on how difficult this is to do. Will look into on Xmas vacation. Keep us posted.

Not until we get enough interest and all the orders are in. At this point it looks like we have interest in 5 or so sets.

Can this work with cloth seats? I know I've seen some factory heated cloth seats out there. Any ideas?

I'm interested depending on how difficult this is to do. Will look into on Xmas vacation. Keep us posted.

I think the only difference between cloth and leather is the amount of time you keep the heater on. The cloth heats up faster.

hmm yeah i would also probably be in for a set if somebody threw together a how to with pics and stated how difficult it is to take the seat apart (both the passenger and driver powered seats). wiring would be fine i just want to know how the other part would be.

From what I've heard, you cannot peel back the cloth without destroying the seat. The cloth is glued to the foam.

i might be down for this. like a few others have said if we could find a how to on how to do it really cause im not amazing with electronics and doing this but im sure if i had some sort of a how to to follow i could manage.

the thought of heated seats is compelling, especially on the leather. That was one thing I didn't care for on the leather interior in my Accord, was they were hard and cold in the winter. So I may be interested in set for my SVT but I am concerned with the difficulty in taking the seat apart to install these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back